Do you miss your kids when there at school?

My son just got home from school and I started crying and telling him how much I missed him. His friend looked confused my son said in such a calm voice "she's pregnant, she's always crying like that" and went to the kitchen lol I think my pregnancy hormones have finally hit there peak lol

timbrikaylamom

Asked by timbrikaylamom at 9:47 PM on May. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Nope. I look forward to them going to school every day. Less craziness in the house (I still have 2 at home). I can't wait until the fall when #4 is in kindergarten (2 1/2 days a week). Usually they get home and I'm like... "already". Oy. It's nonstop noise and chaos once the older 3 are home.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:28 AM on May. 28, 2011

• LOL. I do miss the kids when they go to school, but it was harder in their first years of Primary school. And when our eldest first went to Uni off in another city, I was crushed for months. My kids are : 20, 18, 16, 13, 7 and 2, so I still have a baby to dote on at home! :)
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:49 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Haha! I was definitely more emotional about missing my older daughter when I was pregnant with the second. These days, I welcome her time at school because it's only a few hours and I need the break! ;-) I have a feeling that may be different with the younger one, though. I kinda panic when she's gone. lol
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 9:48 PM on May. 27, 2011

• My oldest is just finishing up 4th grade, so not one bit. I've been at the school volunteering in my youngest's kindergarten class on a daily basis - there's no time away from him in order to miss him. I enjoy the time I have when I'm not able to go in right away, too. I'm definitely NOT pregnant, lol.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:49 PM on May. 27, 2011

• sidesplittinglaughter Out of the mouths of babes??? Hahaha... your child sounds like our, quick thinking!

I think it was only bad for me, missing the kids, the first few weeks of kindergarten! Because we believe in teaching, raising our kids (not daycares, and other people, or preschools)... so kindergarten was their firsts! And my 4 year old is my last so sure his will hit me the hardest since he is the last

MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:52 PM on May. 27, 2011

• thats really cute.. cute enough to make me want another one actually...
    my son is 3-1/2 and in daycare and some days its unbearable when I am working, knowing he is 8 minutes from me and I can't just love on him whenever I want to
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:52 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Honestly, no. I work at the school, so I see them at lunch. Also, we spend a lot of time together. Too much for me and them. We need time away from each other. I could use more time away from them.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:21 PM on May. 27, 2011

• lol my son is a 6 grader lol my daughter is also in kinder and she's only gone 3 hours a day so I dont miss her being gone as much lol
    timbrikaylamom

Comment by timbrikaylamom (original poster) at 9:50 PM on May. 27, 2011