OMG Did you guys know this about diapers?

Q. How many years does it take a diaper to decompose?

A. 500 years
how many want to stop using diapers now?

babygirl_18

Asked by babygirl_18 at 9:55 PM on May. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• I actually read that at a Green expo when my son was on his last 6 months of diapers..I admitt.. I am selfish and kept using them. I am trying to make up for it by bagging my food with my own bags, buying non toxic EVERYTHING and decomposable trash bags..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:56 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I don't want to stop using them Lol I hate cloth diapers. I mean its great if you can use them but they are not for me.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 9:56 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm still going to keep using them, though that is an unfortunate fact.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:57 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Not Me... cloth diapers give my kids a rash (no matter how fast they are changed because it is against their skin instead of being drawn away like disposables), I will not hand wash a poopie diaper, and they tend to either stink from sitting or cost more because I'm running the washer for a single diaper...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:57 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Oh i understand its hard not to use them i wish we could find a better way than both of the options we have now hummm ideas ladies? My 17 month old is in diapers and its such a clutter though i know cloth diapers woulod not work for him because he poops alot and is currently getting tested of why..so no cloth for me either
    babygirl_18

Comment by babygirl_18 (original poster) at 10:00 PM on May. 27, 2011

• With my next one, I plan on using cloth but not the traditional cloth ones. The ones with the liners that can be flushed.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:00 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Part of the reason we use cloth! Plus DD loves how soft and squishy they are and gets WAY less rashes with them, and, and,and... lol I could go on for days :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:01 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I did not know this but thankfully my kids are out of diapers.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 10:02 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Can I ask why pooping a lot means you can't use cloth? I mean you'd just have to change him with a disposable anyway. Just curious, I know a lot of people have their own personal reasons but I am having trouble grasping that one lol.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:03 PM on May. 27, 2011

• my son's poop is like water! EVERYTIME and ive tried cloth diapers on him and it does nothing but cost more(running washer) and do more damage by having to continuously wash them. Plus, disposable ones are easier more time efficient and it sucks that these or cloths are the only choice. I have twins that i tried them on as well..didn't work
    babygirl_18

Comment by babygirl_18 (original poster) at 10:08 PM on May. 27, 2011