I know i am not the only one but suggestions would help

My son is 14 months old and has always loved playing with my long hair. Recently he started putting it in his mouth and breaking it off with his teeth. What should I do?

cmgIII

Asked by cmgIII at 9:55 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put your hair in a pony ?? not let him play with your hair.?
    wait.. was this a trick question?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:57 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Pull your hair back when you are near him. Getting it in his mouth can cause hair balls in his tummy and sometimes it can require surgery to remove.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:57 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Thanks!
    cmgIII

Comment by cmgIII (original poster) at 9:59 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Don't allow him to play with it.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 10:00 PM on May. 27, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~... my youngest son loves my hair... I don't let him bring it towards his mouth, but not above giving him a brush (if he's already playing with my hair, might as well brush it)... hahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:00 PM on May. 27, 2011

• MommaClark3....that was just the answer I was hoping for! Thank you!
    cmgIII

Comment by cmgIII (original poster) at 10:01 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Awe!! One of those little things you will always remember...when you little man used to play with your hair :) Cherish the moments mamma! :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:15 PM on May. 27, 2011

• just try to discourage the part of the mouth...I have the same problem with my son and I don't mind him playing with my hair I just don't want him to eat it! lol! :)
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 10:16 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I don't mind him playing with my hair one bit...he has literally pulled me down to the floor by pulling so hard but the eating really worries me. I love that he loves my hair so much and I cherish it to pieces. He always has to drape it over his face to fall asleep and that's one thing that I will truly miss when he stops :(
    cmgIII

Comment by cmgIII (original poster) at 10:20 PM on May. 27, 2011

• AWE that is too sweet!! Don't forget to take pics of when he is asleep with your hair draped over him :) I don't blame you on the biting part though it can't be good for him to try and eat hair....and not so good for your hair.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:26 PM on May. 27, 2011