Is your laguage PC

Is every word you say PC and if not are you ready to own your words that aren't?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 10:18 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Hell no. I refuse to be PC. Annoys the hell out of me. I refuse to spend my life watching every single word because some thin-skinned whiny ass might be offended.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:26 PM on May. 27, 2011

• PC by what standards? It changes from day to day and person to person.

the PC term for some individuals is "African American". My roommate in college HATED being called African American. She would always say "I'm Black! I am NOT from Africa, I'm from New York!" After living with Claire and hearing that for so long, I would automatically say 'Black", yet I then I got corrected for not being PC. I always inform them that my college roomie perferred "Black". Even now, many years later, I'm torn as to what I am supposed to say....
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:23 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i say what i feel like saying. if someone wants to be offended by it, then let them. i dont try to hurt anyone's feelings, but i typically say what i want to, no matter who is listening.
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 10:36 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I try to be considerate of everyone, have some human decency you know? If that's PC then yes :)
    lizi.clawson

Answer by lizi.clawson at 10:43 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Nope and yes I am.

More people should be like that. Honesty is priceless. Think of how much better our world would be if we said what we felt and were honest about what we said.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:21 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm short on tact as it is. Throw in trying to be PC and I get myself into trouble often. I quite frequently have to remove my foot from my mouth, and will not change my ways. I also have a generous heart and don't MEAN to hurt feelings.

Nope, I'm not all that PC. Yep, I own up to what I say.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:55 PM on May. 27, 2011

• thank you jademom07
    pinkdragon36

Comment by pinkdragon36 (original poster) at 10:24 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Human decency yes but giving up your right to speak your mind.
    pinkdragon36

Comment by pinkdragon36 (original poster) at 10:47 PM on May. 27, 2011