Does your cat do this? Help me figure out why.

My Siamese cat S'More licks me ALL the time. In the middle of the night he jumps on my bed and licks my arms until they scab up so I have to wrap my arms in a blanket so he will stop. Then like after work I pick him up and he will start the licking all over again. What is his deal?

emmyandlisa

Asked by emmyandlisa at 10:19 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Pets

• ~*Salt*~... I am guessing it is an indoor cat???? Your sweat has salt which the cat is lacking... my mom was a Vet. and I used to go to help her office on weekends... so basically I have useless info stuck in my head! Hahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:22 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Might like your salty skin, as my 1 of 3 cats, the deaf one, is licking a metal chair, licks my blinds, licks cardboard boxes.. I don't have a clear answer.. my fixed male cat used to hump my leg..I didn't even think that was possible..cats are just silly.. I would stop letting him sleep with you ( 2 years later you can sleep once he stops crying outside your door ) and maybe even squirt him with a water bottle when he does it.. eventually he WILL get it.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:22 PM on May. 27, 2011

• maybe it is sweat, or the salt in the sweat
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:22 PM on May. 27, 2011

• yeah i agree with everyone else, its the salt. my bestfriends cats do it to her mom all the time.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:24 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Yes, he is an indoor cat and has a heart problem so he's on a low salt diet.
    emmyandlisa

Comment by emmyandlisa (original poster) at 10:26 PM on May. 27, 2011