Speaking of cats..

Ok so we have a closing date on our house of july 29th... IF we don't find our house that we want to live in forever by then, we were offered to stay with my parents. ok, none of this is fun for me,. We need to move my son out of this school district since 2 of them closed, we can't find anything we can afford/want in the price range / cities we are looking for yet... So IF we move in to my moms ( last case scenerio, I am 32 and have been out of the house since 17 although I love my family, not my idea of a "great " situation" do you really think my 3 cats can deal with that? my 2 older which are 11, have tolerated 3 dogs, my son who was colic even, then we recently added a kitten on Halloween and never once pee accidents.. but.. we'lve been in the same home the whole time.. I hear of some cats getting behavioral issues and I just want to know what others think.....

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 10:29 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Pets

• when i decided to move in with my bf we tried to transition mt cat to the new place. i took my cat over a few times a week and let her explore and get to know his cat, we did this for about 2 months, after about 2 1/2 weeks she had the place down, she had he favorite spots and everything. we made sure the 2 cats got along well then i started letting her there as i moved my stuff in. the 2 cats are inseparable. if you ease them into it you should be fine. i made sure i had a litter box on both levels of the house until she was settled the we when back down to one. good luck. oh and why are the schools closing?
    babymomma101110

Answer by babymomma101110 at 10:39 PM on May. 27, 2011

• We got giving a cat that lived in moved from TX to NY and started to attack people as they walked by. They ended up dropping the cat off with us which was another move for the poor cat.. She change when she got use to my house. she didnt attack anyone any more and was the best cat ever.. i think it depends on the cat itself and how the cat is treating during the moves
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 10:35 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Thanks Chrsty,.. that does make me feel better. My 10 year olds have been with me since they were babies and never had had any issues and this other kitten I had since she was too early to leave mommy at 5 weeks so I thinlk/hope we will be fine. i;d just hate cat piss all over my parents and then my new house you know lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 10:38 PM on May. 27, 2011

• My cats and I have moved so much :/ I've never had a problem with them acting weird or spraying.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 12:55 AM on May. 28, 2011

• wow i wouldnt think so of corse it depends on the cat but if uve had it that long and havent had any problems u probly wont. :) i have an outside cat that adopted us. im no experts on cats im just going by what ive heard. hopefully ur cat will do fine. :) best of luck with the move.
    luckygirl2000

Answer by luckygirl2000 at 7:08 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I moved my cats around twice in two years and then again two years later and one more time two years after that. They adjusted fine each time. Every cat is different, though... Definitely keep them away from dogs if there are dogs in the home. Good luck!
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 2:18 AM on May. 29, 2011