Kind of in a mood

So I didnt have the "normal" childhood & as a result I missed out on the "normal" things in life. I deal with it all just fine but the one that annoys me or makes me kind of sad is high school. My high school years were so twisted its unreal.

Freshmen & Sophomore year were as normal as I ever got. I attended school like everyone else, was apart of groups & sports, had friends (or so I thought they were friends at the time), etc. I did get teased by some people for being the homeless girl bc half the time I nowhere to live really. My parents would kick me out of their house all the time & I'd live here or there for a while then go back then get kicked out again, it was all very random. Being teased for something that wasnt in my control really sucked but oh well lots of kids get teased.

A couple months into my Junior year is when it all hit the fan. I walked out of my parents place & never looked back. I got my own place with my high school boyfriend & still attended school while working part time to pay the rent (boy was I a complete outcast at this point). Well boyfriend & I broke up & I went into a deep depression. I couldnt handle the apartment on my own & I stopped going to school. I had no options but to leave town & go to a homeless shelter in a place I never been to before. I finished out my Junior year in a homeless shelter.

That summer I turned 18 & yet again got a place with some roomates. I attempted to go to high school like a regular senior while working full time after school hours. I started at one school & found it to be too much so I switched to another school the next town over. The second school didnt work out so I dropped out. I wasnt out of school for long when I got picked up by a program at yet another school that allowed me not to attend school every day. This was a lot less pressure but it was all homework bc I had no classroom work (not a GED if that is what you are thinking I got my full diploma). I graduated that year on time from a school I honestly never set foot in (the building I had to report to wasnt on the campus).

I didnt attend my graduation, I had to stop sports when I left home (something I loved), once I left home all those friends never talked to me again, I never had senior skip day, senior class trip, two extra years of my clubs & sports, right before leaving my parents house I was signed up to go to australia on a trip but after I left I couldnt afford the money for the trip so I had to drop out. Basically I didnt get to do all of those things that had looked like so much fun my first two years.

I get sad about it sometimes bc I never got to wear a cap & gown & march across stage. I dont have any cool memories of high school. Nobody who I thought was my friend stuck by my side. I dont even get invited to my class reunions bc the school & students I was with the longest isnt the one I grauduated with. The school I do get invites to I dont have a clue who anyone is. The teachers I had in school dont even remember me (I know this to be true bc I've been back to the school). Sometimes its just depressing that is all, wanted to vent somewhere & this is the only place tonight.

Am I the only one who had a warped high school experience & missed out on all kinds of stuff? Am the only one who kind of gets sad about it from time to time?

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 10:35 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• My high school years sucked ass. I would ask my teachers for help regarding stuff at home, they would call my mom with their concerns, and then I would get my ass kicked for telling my teachers. I don't feel too sad about reunions because honestly, I don't give a rats ass about them.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:40 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I went to school all the way through but we never had Senior skip day or Senior class trip. My point is don't think you missed something that everyone else got to experience bc some of us never had it offered. I'm sorry your parents were not responsible adults and you had to go through a lot. However, as the head of the reunion committee for my high school I'll tell you that they can't invite you if they don't know where you are. So call the school where your friends graduated and ask for the Alumni Association. Give them the year you graduated (whether from that school or not) and tell them your contact info. They want you at the reunion but you have to help them get the invite to you. Also, sign up on classmates.com and classreport.org. Find your class and put your info in for the committees to find there as well. Don't despair. We can get you to the reunion of the school you should have graduated from

Answer by admckenzie at 10:43 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i feel the same way.. i moved so much i hated school. the JR high i went to everyone still remembers me. but high school is what i missed out on. No proms no senior ditch day no graduation NOTHING.. so i do understand. Everything i looked forward to doing was taking from me. any time i think about it i tell myself to get over it and promise to let my kids have what i didnt. I live through my children and for me thats the ONLY way i know how to do it. I try to give them more then my parents gave me. Try to figure out a way that helps u not think about it or something that makes u get over it. it does suck but if u dont find a way to get over it, ur going to keep getting upset and keep thinking about it.. the past is the past try to keep it that way..
    Anonymous