Blood pressure...

SO I was in publix tonight and I thought I would take my blood pressure. There was no reason... I just decided to do it. Anyway the first time it was 117/77 that was an the high end of normal so I did it again. 121/78. I did it 4 more times lol. And got 132/80 127/72 127/78 and 129/76 So according to this machine the top number the sy-something one is pre-hypertension and the bottom on is borderline... Do I have to go to the doctor or can I keep an eye on it. Is this one I can change my diet to help? Like how...

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 10:44 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Health

• Um.. I'd actually call the nurse.. there was something my co worker mentioned about this but crap.. I can't remember.. shit.. sorry, call them and let them know your numbers though.. they ARE higher than what you should be for normal
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:47 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Those are all actually very good numbers. It used to be that normal was 100 plus your age over 85. The new numbers for what is ideal are extremely low. I think yours are great!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:48 PM on May. 27, 2011

• That isn't high. 140 over 80 might be. But I thought 120 over 80 was what they say is normal. AND you probably got nervous taking it so many times.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:49 PM on May. 27, 2011

• high BP can be caused by both stress and diet. Or a faulty machine I would double check with your dr. You can remove certain fats, salt and alcohol from your diet and lose weight if it is diet related.
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 10:50 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I'm not very trusting if those machines.
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:50 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Mines 140 something over 80 and they told me I have high BP and put me on meds, cant tell you the name bc I havent filled them yet.. sorry
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 10:51 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I haev been under a TON of stress....
    I don't 'trust' the machine... I mean I did get a different reading every time but it was fairly consistent in the range. I may go to the fire department tomorrow and let them check it.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 10:56 PM on May. 27, 2011

• normal is anything less than 130/90
    you had many different reading's from this one machine and sometimes people think they have high blood pressure from these machine's in various places. The best is to have your Dr to check it manually in the office. I would not trust that machine with all those different readings.
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 11:29 PM on May. 27, 2011