Does your LO's name have a special meaning?

Emma was the only name we agreed on.. plus it means healer of the universe..:) fits her well.

Her middle name Jo.. is for my dad he died in 2008. So we decided to give her the middle name Jo..my dads name was Joe.

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 10:51 PM on May. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• thats a cute name!! :) the story of my boys names has gotten interesting recently :P my twins are Taden and Tyler. I picked Tyler because it felt right and is such a boy name! I found Taden and really liked it because it was different and i like "tade" (at the time i didnt realize it was part of the whole aiden jayden caden fade!! :P but i still love it) anyway, I wanted something latin for their middle names because I love latin and settled on maximus and matthias because together they mean "the greastest" "gift from God" which i think is cute. theyre 20 months now and for some reason their middle names have never felt right! then it occured to me a few weeks ago why in the world did i never consider my brothers names as their middle names!!! so i've changed them to taden daniel and tyler benjamin :P which feels much better, it feels right. and way more special
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:55 PM on May. 27, 2011

• My son's first name does not but his middle name is my husbands grandfathers name!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:55 PM on May. 27, 2011

• My 12 year old son's middle name is after my dad. My 2 year old son's middle name is after my DH's grandfather. First names were just the names we both agreed on.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:02 PM on May. 27, 2011

• My son's first name means "God is Good" and his middle name is after my father, who died when I was little.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:16 PM on May. 27, 2011

• My daughter's name is Rachel. When I was a little girl, my Dad nicknamed me Rachel--he said I just looked like a Rachel. So when I found out I was having a girl, Rachel was perfect. Whitney is her middle name and is my mother's middle name.

Grant we just liked. His middle name Matthew is my brother's name.

Benjamin we liked and his middle name William is after my grandfather who was killed in a vehicle accident while I was still pregnant with Ben.

All my kids have special names to me.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:34 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Thanks for sharing !! I love all the names!! Its kinda funny how the middle names are usually the ones with special meanings.. :) my emma jo :)

Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 11:12 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Daughters name is Emma as well, didn't know it meant that but it certainly fits. She is everyone's rainbow.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:23 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Lori-Anne is named after DH's Aunt Loriane. We broke it up because MIL doesn't like her sister and her middle name is Anne. DDs middle name is Marie. We liked how it sounded and so many people in my family are named Marie. They go "you named her after me?!" and we smile and nod!

My son Frederick Ross Allen was named after my Dh's stepdad who had been a monumental influence on us both, our marriage, and my choice to join the army. Other than my own husband, I had never had any man be proud of me regardless of my choices.

It is a sad thing DS is 2 and FIL has gone insane. But he knows my son. Everytime, and his face lights up. It's like the two of them reach out and have a special bond.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 12:39 AM on May. 28, 2011

• My youngest daughter is named Nora Glenn. Nora after my mom's older sister who once told me she hated her name because it was so plain and boring. I was a teen and remember thinking, "no, it's not... it's a pretty name". And Glenn after my mom, Glenna, who died in 2000 before all but my oldest child was born (my oldest was 7 weeks when she died).

My youngest is named Jack. For my favorite character on Stargate. That's only special to me, though, lol. It's okay because our older son's name is Owen and my husband picked that because of a wrestler that had died years ago. So we're even now.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:11 AM on May. 28, 2011

• my sons name is Wyatt Anthony. His dad chose his name. Wyatt because it wasn't used as much and anthony after his brother. and he is constantly called wyatt earp lol
    hismommy6509

Answer by hismommy6509 at 10:32 AM on May. 29, 2011