How to handle a negative attitude

I'm an optimist, "Half glass full" type of person and my DD is the exact opposite. I'm at my wits end at how to help her. She always sees the downside, the negative and has a "half glass empty" look at life. Anyone have any suggestions to help her see past the negative in everything?

LilLady75

Asked by LilLady75 at 10:54 PM on May. 27, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Try taking her to a homeless shelter and letting her volunteer so she can see that although her life may not be perfect many people are so much worse off. Help her to see that she should not dwell on what she doesn't have or can't do or does not like and be grateful for the good in her life.
    IamErin-K.

Answer by IamErin-K. at 11:04 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I am a step mom to 2 girls 12 and 9,,they both have crappy attiudes and I am fed up,they are unreasonable it seems..ugh
    Dollhouse2011

Answer by Dollhouse2011 at 11:14 PM on May. 27, 2011