How do you move on after breaking up with your child's father?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• Be strong and just do it, don't settle hunny it is sooo hard but you left him for a reason focus on ur baby don't look back. If you need someone to talk to i went thru this not too long ago I'm always a listening ear
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• How do you deal with the transiition of your child after separation from the father?
    Anonymous

• Believe me, it is hard. My BD broke up with me just three weeks after my youngest was born. Thankfully i had my mom, or i would have been completely out of luck. It is hard. It is especially hard if your child looks like him...but don't settle for him if he isnt good enough for you or you child.
    for the longest time, i wanted to go back to BD, but then i realized that nothing had changed. it wont work just because i want it to.
    my advice is: find a GREAT friend, and lean on them. i rekindled a friendship with a girl from high school and now we hang out EVERY weekend..because she knows at any moment i can fall back into his lies again.
    nikkimichele

Answer by nikkimichele at 3:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2008