How early is acceptable to start planing my sons first bday party for october?

and how early can i send out invitations?

babymomma101110

Asked by babymomma101110 at 11:20 PM on May. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• For me the sooner the better. By the time the party gets here everyting is taken care of and you can relax and enjoy the party instead of running around like crazy. I usually give out invitations a week or two before the party date.
    IamErin-K.

Answer by IamErin-K. at 11:24 PM on May. 27, 2011

• LOL you must be really excited to be starting this early! Summer isn't even here yet lol no but for real if you are wanting/preparing for people to be flying in or you are flying out somewhere I think buying tickets would be a good start now. But if its just local family than about a month or so before. It's never to early to start saving money googling birthday party ideas and saving them in to bookmarks. especially if its going to be something extravagant too!
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 11:26 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Invitations for a bday can be anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 weeks before the event. How long you need to plan depends on how big the shindig will be. I would think 2 months or so would be appropriate, espcially if you work and only have weekends to plan, coordinate and brainstorm.
    lizi.clawson

Answer by lizi.clawson at 11:26 PM on May. 27, 2011

• Right now would be a bit early, lol! Depending on how big of a party ur gonna throw, I would say about a month in advance.
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:28 PM on May. 27, 2011

• i started tenitive plans around June for my twins first birthday party. their birthday is the 14th of september, the party was the 11th. I would say august have a theme ready so you can start bargin hunting for decor and by four weeks before i would have the decor bought and invites out about two or three weeks a head of time you can plan now! i just wouldn't buy anything until about a month before, incase you change your mind
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:34 PM on May. 27, 2011

• I wouldn't do it toooo early, but please, don't do what I did. I've got a 1st birthday coming in 2 weeks and i'm not nearly at the point where I said I would be weeks and weeks and weeks ago when i told myself "you need to plan this earlier or before you know it, it'll be right around the corner and you KNOW you're a procrastinator". *sigh* I did it again. Drats! lol good luck though!
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 12:00 AM on May. 28, 2011

• well... ive already starting planning my daughters one year party and she isnt due till june the 11th lol
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 12:11 AM on May. 28, 2011

• If ur going all out 2 mons. But I would get the whole family involved.
    Autiziumom

Answer by Autiziumom at 2:31 AM on May. 28, 2011

• If you know the party theme and where you are having it, you really don't need much planning time. I just had DSs first birthday at the house. I ordered the cake and sent the invites 2 weeks in advance. I went shopping for all the food the day before ( I KNEW what I wanted). As for decor, I bought it here and there each time I went grocery shopping (over the past month or two).
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:26 AM on May. 28, 2011

• The party is more for the adult than the one year old, as they wont remember anything, will most likly get over stimulated and tired at all the activities going on, so bewarned, dont be disapointed when it dosnt go as you may picture it. I would send out invites 2 weeks in advance. Enjoy your baby being a baby right now, dont rush!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 11:36 AM on May. 28, 2011