Do you "pay it forward"?

Do you teach this to your kids too?

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• OMG! I absolutely love this idea and try to practice it as much as possible.

If anyone doesn't know what it is, read the book! it is so much better than the movie! I was in tears for the last 3 or 4 chapters of it!

it truly is a world changing idea if everyone would just do it!
    Anonymous

• i always try to d nice things and teach my daughter to also i llove the idea when i get out of nursing school i want to help another mom get through it financially. I also want to get other nurses together and have some sort of hotline (nonprofit/volunteer) parents can call if they need medical advice, and dont want to go to the hospital if
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Daily. I believe in Karma. Perhaps more the Golden Rule. Whatever you want to call it is fine. But my Karma points I know have a way of swinging back around. So I try to be good to others and hope that kindness will revisit me, my child, my family, and my friends.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My husband and I both do...I catch myself telling people when they of course don't want to take my generosity...."let me help you while I can, cause someday I might not be able to". We both believe it is our duty to do the things we see need to be done and don't expect anything in return...but our needs have always been met and we've been blessed with a good life so if we stop to realize it...it's already being repaid to us. Sometimes we do get tired or cold in the winter or tired and sweaty in the summer but whenever one of us starts to complain we always remind ourselves...let's pay it forward while we can. I praise God for instilling that spirit in us and pray he will sustain us to keep going. Of course our daughter sees that and is such a kind, considerate child.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 4:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• That was a great movie. We don't teach them to "pay it forward", but we teach our children the philosophy of Christ which is loving & compassioniate... we are often involved in charity & volunteerism & looking for ways to care for & giuve to others. XOXO
    YasminBoheme

Answer by YasminBoheme at 6:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2008