To breastfeed or not to breastfeed that is the question.

I will try to BF how about you?

SamJ321

Asked by SamJ321 at 12:30 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I tried to breast feed and was able to for 3 1/2 months. I would have done so for longer if I had produced the milk. So, IMO, women should at least attempt to breast feed and give it a fair shot. It's better for the baby.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:31 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I agree that everyone should at least try and see a lactation specialist. but ultimately I don't judge the choice
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 12:34 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I wanna breastfeed, but if I can't I can't... Would suck on my part though
    SamJ321

Comment by SamJ321 (original poster) at 12:36 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Its certainly stressful at times. My DS is 1 week old so were still getting the hang of things. I wasn't able to BF DD because when I returned to work I was working with chemicals that could enter my milk. I chose to be safe and FF. I'm happy to be able to bf now. I wouldn't say its always easy, but it is rewarding.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:39 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Whatever works for you, it's your baby and mom knows best.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:40 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Hey, if you can't, you can't, for whatever reason it might be. It doesn't make you any less of a mother, that's for sure. You just do what's best for you and your baby :)
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 12:42 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I breastfed all three of mine until they were at least a year old. My advice is to not judge your milk supply by how much you are pumping out or if your boobs feel soft and like they are not producing. After the first few months, it is normal to have "normal" feeling boobs. You must put baby to the breast as often as possible the first few months to establish a good supply. It is not the most easy thing to do and if it does not work out, it is ok! Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:50 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I agree with khedy. Don't judge how much milk you have based on what you can pump. I bfed my dd till she was 17 months old and couldn't pump an ounce! Let me tell you baby girl was so chubby and gained weight like a pro. All my other babies bfed and I was able to pump.
    So if you can and you want to then do it. If you're not comfortable with it and don't want to then don't.
    Good luck!!!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:06 AM on May. 28, 2011

• It's a personal choice, although I would encourage BF over formula. I almost killed myself trying BF for two months. I had pills, I pumped for an hour, on high, every other hour. I think not being able to is what caused my PPD. I still wish I could do it :(
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 1:10 AM on May. 28, 2011

• "While breastfeeding may not seem the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby."
    ~ Amy Spangler
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:13 AM on May. 28, 2011