Bright side of Winter?

I seriously HATE winter! I hate everything about it: dry skin, high heating bills, slippery roads, etc, etc, etc, !! I'm kinda joking here, but kinda not-- I even would say I feel more depressed in winter. Anyone else feel this way? Can you help me see the "bright side?" Is there a bright side?

Mishelly728

Asked by Mishelly728 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• It's actually something called "The Winter Blues" and it's common! Lots of people get depressed in the winter. Try googling it.

I'm the same way and have a tough time seeing the GOOD in the winter. I guess I love the sunshine even though it's still cold and I love the way the snow looks from inside the warm house! Other than that, I am always anticipating spring!!!!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• depression is normal in winter actually. there is a specific depression that is affected by season.

tip - get outside in the sun light as much as possible! part of the depression comes from us locking ourselves inside all winter.

if it is really bad, talk to your doctor about it, they can prescribe a medication for you to take in the winter to help.

bright sides- family and friends at the holidays :) children's faces on Christmas morning (or what ever holiday you celebrate) new years is the mega symbol for fresh start :) and if you are a night owl like me, you like all the extra darkness LOL
    Anonymous

• Wish I had a better answer for you other than my name is Winter and I don't think I am that bad :-) But seriously it does bring Christmas and cozy fires. For us it finally brings a break in the heat!! So not too cold here but hang in there Spring will be here soon!

Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yes I feel this way. I'm terrified of driving when its been snowing.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Sorry, but the only "bright side" of winter for me is Christmas! I love, love, love spring! I hate the snow!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 3:27 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I think I'm the only nut who loves winter. I love the cold, the rain we get here in WA, Christmas, New Years, snow on the mountains...maybe it's caused by menopause and hot flashes!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 5:27 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I don't even have my fireplace to look forward to anymore!! These SOBs in the apartment complex decided that it was too expensive to have the fire marshal come and inspect every fireplace (even though we in the 3 bedroom apartments paid 1065 a freakin' month....I say paid 'cause the rent's gone up!!!) so they boarded 'em up!!! Cheap f&@#ers!!!
    moore_me03

Answer by moore_me03 at 6:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• And my fantasy was to rock DH's world in front of the fireplace (after the kids had gone to sleep)!!!
    moore_me03

Answer by moore_me03 at 6:12 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• you can sit on the couch with a nice book and a blanket wraped around you watch the snow fall from your window and drink a nice cup of coco or coffee. and you can lay in bed with a comforter or a heavey blanket and not feel hot just feel comfort and if you have a fireplace you can watch the fire blaze or sit with your husband and cuddle sorry i have never had a snowy winter and i wish i could have one
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 7:27 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Thanks ladies! I still hate winter (but not you, Winter!), but it's nice to know I'm not alone!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2008