What is the deal??

Any input or ideas would be appreciated. As a side note, I already have a Dr. appointment but its not until the 14th. I am 31, 5'0 and 129 lbs.(which is overweight for me and by bmi standards.) The past month I have gained 6 lbs. The past 6-8 month or so I have gained 15 lbs. I work at home at a desk all day. However, I've been doing that 2 yrs. My habits haven't changed at all. In fact, back in march I started the Insanity workout, 6 days a week burning around 350-550 calories per 40 min workout. I did it religiously for 6 weeks and lost nothing. I measured also and lost no inches, yet everyone in my group was getting awesome results. I had to stop several week ago when my ds broke my only nonbedroom tv. I even followed the eating plan and ate healthier that I ever have. I no longer fit any of my clothes. I carry 95% of the extea weight in my abdomen, my waist is 37 inches if that gives you an idea. This is also my heaviest weight ever, except for pregnancy. I was 102 after my first and 112 after my second. I'd like to get back around 110. My diet and exercise hasn't changed in the past couple yrs so I'm gaining for no explainable reason.(so it seems to me) even when I try to lose, it doesn't happen. In addition to the weight I have ungodly fatigue. I hardly leave the house, and take multiple naps, which has began to negatively affected my work. My production at work is at an all time low and my quality has dropped since I just can't concentrate from the extreme fatigue. I take celexa for anxiety and have also been diagnosed with very mild sleep apnea. The weight gain is depressing me so much. I have been at a major low especially since I did an intense workout program for 6 weeks, 6 days a week and didn't budge a pound. So basically I feel hopeless. I have researched and a thyroid condition sounds possible but I'm not holding my breathe, my bloodwork has always been normal and no one in my family has thyroid problems. Any ideas? I wouldn't have a problem saying I am just overeating and gaining out of laziness, but I'm not and thats very frustrating. If you have a hypothyroid, what were your first symptoms? What age were you diagnosed and does it run in your family? Sorry so long!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Health

• Wanted to add that I have also been having heartburn within the past month, almost daily. I have never in my life just drank milk but with the heartburn I have been burning thru milk cartons. I also have occasional pain around my lower ribs and Sharp pelvic pain at times. I had a transvaginal ultrasound a few months ago and I know I have at least one ovarian cyst. Also an IUD. I know these problems could be separate but was wondering if one condition could tie them all together.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:03 AM on May. 28, 2011

• OMG! I hope like hell it is something not serious. My friend had the same issues. She just got diagnosed with ovarian cancer. You are in my prayers!!
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 1:08 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Yikes! With all that milk, there is no surprise that you are gaining weight. You have changed your habits. Talk with your pharmacist or wait to talk with your doctor about taking something for your heartburn that has less calories than milk. Thyroid problems can cause weight gain. You are being smart to see your doctor.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 7:41 AM on May. 28, 2011

That's terrible. I just watched a Dr. Oz show this past week on ovarian cancer. I did have some, not all, of the early warning signs. I tried not to get worked up over it cause I'm one of those people that can talk myself into any disease by reading about it online lol. I am going to mention it to my Dr when I go though. Better safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:28 PM on May. 28, 2011