My 3 yr old great nephew recently started touching and scratching his penis any ideas about whats going on?

When he complains it is erect, he does have eczema and his penis is dry, any solutions?

veliskia

Asked by veliskia at 1:05 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• see a dr is all that can be done
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:31 AM on May. 28, 2011

• i'm with wheresthewayout-- take him to the doctor. i know there are creams out there for eczema but i wouldn't want to risk buying a cream that might irritate his boyhood. so i think the doctor might be the safest bet.
    momma_gig

Answer by momma_gig at 1:56 AM on May. 28, 2011

• He may have an infection or something. Or maybe he is just finding it uncomfortable or something. Def call the doctor :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:26 AM on May. 28, 2011

• oh sounds like an infection.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:51 AM on May. 28, 2011

• yup take him to the doctor. But my son also compained of this and doctor said it may just be he isnt use to it becoming errect. But you always take them to the doctor!!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 12:49 PM on May. 28, 2011

• oh my I remember when my son did the same thing. I hope there is some kind of relief he can get from seing a Dr
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 1:01 PM on May. 28, 2011

• could be masterbation if thats the case just redirect him to something else dont tell him it is wrong. it u dont think it is that it could be infection so it wouldnt hurt to have him seen. dont get imbarassed if it is just masterbation of some sort.
    VDietrich

Answer by VDietrich at 7:04 PM on May. 28, 2011