Whart are the signs of aspergers syndrome , in males 17-21 adult content

symptoms , agitations , daily life skills etc.

purelynubian

Asked by purelynubian at 1:15 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Aspergers is part of the Autism spectrum disorder. Autism is a big, broad spectrum and not a 'cookie cutter disorder' where everyone is the same. Meaning what my son does yours may or may not do. I suggest you google search aspergers syndrome for a list of all the signs of aspergers. My son does the following -- has obsession object, does not understand or get sarcasm or figures of speech, he lacks empathy/sympathy for others, social issues, robotic monotone voice, needs a routine, has meltdowns, needs transition time between activites, does not like change, lines things up and items have to be just so......... (there is more but I can't think of them all right now)
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:21 AM on May. 28, 2011

• theres an aspergers group within cafemom I do not know the link but you can search for it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:47 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I'm a female with Aspergers and I found that the older I got the more it shows
    ilovemybody0

Answer by ilovemybody0 at 1:52 AM on May. 28, 2011

• My nephew will be 10 this Nov and he was diagnosed with Aspergers. He won't always make eye contact. Goes on a tangent on his favorite topic but will not include you. In other words the conversation is in one direction. Him talking to you. He won't ask you questions to get you to have a conversation but to answer his questions. He doesn't like to be hugged. His social skills are very limited. Won't say hello or goodbye. When he does it's almost robotic.

He struggles to get along with his peers. His interests are not the same as his classmates (sports, video games, etc). He's into greek mythology but to the point where it's obsessive. If he's not interested in your topic of conversation, he'll let you know right away. LOL

He doesn't agree with rules. He feels that he is always right. LOL! There is always a reason for his misbehavior. Hanging things from the chandalier, etc.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:45 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I know a child in our circle with aspergers and he is similar to the child Vero0724 discribed. As soon as I see him he runs up to me and goes on and on about legos, video games, ect... he talks very loud and fast and he is always in my personal space. He doesn't understand. He gets really excited or upset quickly but it always seems like an over reaction. He acts like a 3 or 4 year old but he is 9. For example, he can't wipe his own butt yet or bathe himself.
    He use to run up and start barking in my face or making strange grawls. His parents never corrected him. they'd laugh like it was funny but it was ackward and uncomfortable. it got to the point where my dd didn't want to be around him. He is seeing a behavioralist and I've notice a change in him already. I think he is slightly more aware of how to appropriately communicate with someone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:03 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Honestly, there are far to many different signs to list here on a public online forum. And not all of the signs point to Asperger's itself. Get the child evaluated by a psychiatrist that specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of Autism Spectrum disorders in Adolescents. Do not try to self diagnosis.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on May. 28, 2011

• You have to look them up. There are just too many to put here.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 7:52 PM on May. 30, 2011

• I found this....
    poor use of body language and nonverbal communication, such as eye contact, facial expressions, and gestures;

lack of awareness of feelings of others and the expression of emotions, such as pleasure (laughing) or distress (crying), for reasons not apparent to others;

remaining aloof, preferring to be alone;

difficulty interacting with other people and failure to make peer friendships;

not responding to verbal cues (acting as if deaf)
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 12:02 PM on May. 31, 2011

• I wish I knew really so I knew what to expect when my brother hits the teenage years.
    malexander2009

Answer by malexander2009 at 5:18 PM on May. 31, 2011

• bump
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2011