Am I being too stingy by limiting the TV to 2 hours daily during the summer? My kids are complaining so much...

My school age children are 7 and 5 years old.

sitamommy

Asked by sitamommy at 4:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I dont think so my kids watch entirely too much tv too.!. I think im gonna do the same! Thanks!
    tat2honey

Answer by tat2honey at 4:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• No children are suppose to watch up to 2 hours of tv daily. I would just find other activities to keep them occupied and busy to take their mind off of the television.
    awife1life3kids

Answer by awife1life3kids at 4:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• No way! If that's stingy then I'm the worst mom ever! My kid doesn't watch TV period. He goes outside and plays with the three dimensional people. He reads books. We go to the skate park and church. Your kids won't die from lack of television. But make sure they have plenty of other stimulating activities this summer.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I don't think you are AT ALL!
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 4:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Nope. I think its healthy to have a limit on tv time and to teach them that there is more to do during summer vacation than watch tv..

Your doing a great job! : )
    Cmyfantasyworld

Answer by Cmyfantasyworld at 4:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I just said this in another post. Normally 2 hrs a day is max limit here. Unless Grandma is going bonkers and I just need a little peace. They will sit like vegtables as long as it is on.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Well, AJ and Livvy usually have the TV on all day as back ground. The tend to play with their toys, fight with each other, color, make "art projects", ect ect ect. I say as long as they are not just vegging out in front of the TV all day, there isn't a problem. What I limit is the programs they are allowed to watch. Only Noggin, PBSKids and Discovery Kids are allowed.
    acrogodess

Answer by acrogodess at 5:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I just got scolded by the doctor for 2 hours a day.She wakes up and watches mickey,little einstien,and handy manny.Also I let her watch the suushie byes before bed.SHe runs around singing and dancing to her shows so I see nothing wrong with it.
    kellyandliz

Answer by kellyandliz at 5:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My kids get about the same amount. It's so nice outside and that's where the kids should be!

Give your kids osmething new and fun to do outdoors. Do they like sports? Get them a few things to throw around. What about water balloons...what kid doesn't like THOSE? A new sprinkler? Sidewalk chalk or paint? Just a few ideas :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Break out the books, break out the board games, break out the crayons and paints
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2008