Annika always rolls from her tummy to her back

will this effect her development, & moter skills tummy time helps develop?

AnnikasMommy1

Asked by AnnikasMommy1 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, this is good. This is what she is supposed to be learning. But be sure to put her on her tummy lots because she also needs to do the mini push up to start crawling. Keep in mind that some babies skip rolling over and go straight to crawling. Babies are people and do everything differently. My baby only rolls from his back to his tummy and won't go the other way! As long as he has floor time and you put her on her tummy as much as you can she'll be fine:)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• no.. just let her do her thing.
    Anonymous

• babies are supposed to learn to roll so no she will be fine :)
    Anonymous

• Well, a major part of tummy time is to help them learn to roll over, apparently your little one has already figured this out. My dd does the same thing. I'm sure our girls aren't the first to do this. When they get a little stronger, I bet they will realize that they can move even more and try to start crawling.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I think if you gave more information others may be able to answer you better. How old is she? Did you have any problems during her birth or afterward? I may be able to answer your question better but again, I can't tell if she is just playing around and learning how to turn over or if she is doing it because of high muscle tone.
    floyd835

Answer by floyd835 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Won't hurt at all,just keep startig her out on her belly. A good way to get tummy time is to have her lay on You. She'll have something interesting to look at and you can keep her fom rolling off!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Annika will be 5 months on the 13th of Dec. and she finley rolled from her back to her tummy, yay Im not to worried any more Thank you for all the great answers.
    AnnikasMommy1

Answer by AnnikasMommy1 at 2:45 AM on Dec. 10, 2008