If you offered to fix it why won't he accept it?

A cousin believe I broke his air bed (only no one else lives wth us). I do not belive I did but may have an not known I did. I said I am sorry and offered to buy him a new one. He sad no. I said are you sure? Your going to be on the floor I can replace it for you (again I dont belive I did but since it is only us living together and I was in there I just should do it). He said no again and that it is the principal that counts. Now I have no clue what that means. I said sorry to something I don't belive I did and offered to replace it......what am I missing?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 1:25 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Your not. He's being an ass cause he can.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 2:19 AM on May. 28, 2011

• He wants you to feel guilty. Let him sleep on the floor. He had the chance to sleep on a new airbed...
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:35 AM on May. 28, 2011

• yeah my cousin is a 50 yr old douche
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 2:50 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Maybe he wanted you to tell him you broke it or to respect his things this is why i don't live family or friends more drama then you can imagine,

Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 3:15 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Sounds like he may have just been trying to find someone to blame ..... and doesnt feel right letting u buy it....but has no problem blaming u!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 12:13 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Yeah see that is what I don't get ok if I say i am soryy that means I will take the responibility of it so why keep harping over especially since I offered to pay for a brand new one? I could see if I didn't say sorry and offer to replace it but I wanted to keep peace and just sa"my bad" and buy a new one. I thought he would be better because he was a dude but he was just as bad as some females can be.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 2:02 PM on May. 28, 2011