Help

okay my son is 19 months old and for the past week or 2 he has been refusing to drink milk what do i do???

lilmamacita92

Asked by lilmamacita92 at 1:46 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He doesn't need milk. My son can't stand it unless it is strawberry flavored and in a small glass. Fill the 8 ounce cup only half full and have a glass of coffee with him. He will really enjoy his "grownup" drink! And if he spills 4oz is so little and you can refill.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 2:03 AM on May. 28, 2011

• he needs dairy but it doesn't always have to be in the form of milk.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:29 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Try him on juice....they dont always need milk mama!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 12:09 PM on May. 28, 2011

• My child didnt either so i had to give her pediasure or chocolate milk. But there are other ways to get calcim in him like cheese, yougurt, and other calcim rich foods. But I wouldnt worry too much Im a nurse and work with a pediatritian and there are tons of 2yr olds that dont want to eat anything. So the dr always tells them to give them other healthy things that they like. My child would only eat oatmeal and cereal for a while but she remained healthy the entire time.
    allgirlsmom31

Answer by allgirlsmom31 at 3:01 PM on May. 28, 2011

• try cheese, yogurt, or flavored milk it doesn't have to be milk as long as he's getting the calcium he needs
    rainbow_mommy09

Answer by rainbow_mommy09 at 4:39 PM on May. 28, 2011