How many people have trouble meeting other Moms? Just curious..

Having trouble meeting new people out here in SFV.. Any advice?

FinalScore1to1

Asked by FinalScore1to1 at 1:52 AM on May. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• "what a cute kid you have!" is always my ice breaker. or asking where the kid got an item of clothing.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 2:07 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Ido. Um a mom of an autistic kid. I have mask syndrom. I dint really go out. Im alwats so bust. But im changing that
    Autiziumom

Answer by Autiziumom at 2:15 AM on May. 28, 2011

• You're not alone on that..We live in BFE, so it's super hard. We deal, though..and once We move, it'll be better. I hope you can find some friends someday!
    .MommieAJ.

Answer by .MommieAJ. at 2:19 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I meet other Mom's by my kids friends. I try to keep in touch yet other mom's don't seem intersisted. My bff was from me volenteering at the testing site for our kids virtual school. I had to sign the kids in and out of testing. She signed her daughter in and we had younger kids found out were born 3 days apart. Her older dd was 1 month younger then my middle dd. So we exchanged numbers set up a couple of playdates with the kids before we knew it we were bffs our kids were bffs. So it all worked out.
    AnAngelsKiss

Answer by AnAngelsKiss at 2:38 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I do but i dnt really try or go out of my way if it happens it happens!!! everyone talks to me n is like o shes so cute how old is shes n thats the end of that!!
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 2:45 AM on May. 28, 2011

• yups, i do i do..haha..but oh well, i've tried to meet some of my sons friends parents during school functions but all i got was cold shoulders. oh well if they don't want to talk to me thats their problem.
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 3:07 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I have trouble with meeting and making new friends I've tried to meet some of my sons friends parents during school functions but all I got was cold shoulders. oh well if they don't want to talk to me that's their problem. I try to keep in touch yet other mom's don't seem interested; as far as advice just be yourself and talk to them if they walk away then you know they aren't interested and don't beat yourself up we can't be friends with everyone even if we'd like to be

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:19 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I'm very talkative and outgoing, but even then sometime
    Es I have trouble talking to moms, mainly because a lot of them seem a little snobby to me and already have their ''perfect mom'' cliques. But, I push myself anyway to approach them and show them that I'm a nice person and have much to offer! It's the ''first jump'' that's the hardest, once u do that the rest is easier! And if they don't treat u kind back I say screw em!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 8:24 AM on May. 28, 2011

• My problem is that there's no one around here to meet, and on the off-chance that I *do* run into someone, their kids are usually way older than mine. Every now and then, I'll run into someone with a kid my son's age, but I never see them again after that one time.

Small town life, I guess...
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:50 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Thanks for all the answers! I know what y'all mean when you say some of the mom's are kinda snobby.. that bothers me a lot since I am so outgoing and just want to make some new friends.. our kids play together so why do they decide I'm not good enough to talk to.. Oh well. I've been on my own for this long.. haha.. I'll make new friends, I still have the friends from where I used to live.

FinalScore1to1

Comment by FinalScore1to1 (original poster) at 12:02 PM on May. 28, 2011