What is your point???!!!

It annoys me to no end when I get into an argument with SO and he says "you're defective."

First of all, EVERYONE has defects.
Second of all, I first learned to accept my defects and now I like them.
Third of all, obviously you like them, too, otherwise you wouldn't be spending all these years with me, now would you?!?!

He says it because he knows it pisses me off. Then I say something I know is going to piss him off... Only I like to change it up a bit and it's never the same thing.

Why do we do this. If he could just learn to avoid that one sentence...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• Because he know's it pisses you off.....lol I sometimes say things to my Husband that I know will make him mad then he will say something and then later come back and say sorry but I am usually the one who wants to hurt him when i'm mad so he just tries to get me back.
    Anonymous

• He's pushing your buttons and you're falling for it. Ignore the comment. You need to tell him, If you want to talk about my defects, we'll leave it for another conversation but right now, stay focused on what we're arguing about.

SO tries to divert the arguments and I always feel like I have to steer him back to our original argument or else I'll get sucked into a stupid endless, pointless argument.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:33 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I hate men when they say stuff like that makes you wanna punch 'em in the mouth. kwim? ask him not to say that, dh would say something that I'd go off nuts when he said it, I asked him to stop, he did.
    SamJ321

Answer by SamJ321 at 2:35 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Now that I think about it, you are right. Every time he says it, the original argument gets left behind and a new pointless one starts. I'll start giving direction, I suppose.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:35 AM on May. 28, 2011