Why I hate Memorial Day

People all to often see it as a reason to party and get drunk and why do I believe this.... it is because my dad was celebrating too much and was drinking home drunk and went and drove over a cliff.
I missed out on a life with a dad and wonder what it is like to have a dad since I was 5 when he died I have no idea.
However the important thing is his death taught me that drinking and driving is never a good idea.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Holidays

• Any 3 day weekend sells itself as a time for people to get wasted. My dad saw every weekend as a time to get drunk. It sucks when your parents act like children.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:10 AM on May. 28, 2011

• or you could realize its to support our troops and vets!!!!!!!
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 3:23 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I am sorry, but in a way i am the same way because when i was in High School one of my friends Mom got killed by a drunk driver and ever since then it opened my eyes how easily someone innocent can be killed. Around the Holidays i would rather stay home because you never know what crazy drunk is out driving and it scares me so bad.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:37 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I'm soo sorry to hear that
    SamJ321

Answer by SamJ321 at 3:28 AM on May. 28, 2011

• wow im sorry
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 10:38 AM on Jul. 20, 2011