Am i imagining things???? adult content

I have been married for five years, we have a 16 months old daughter, i stay home with her while my husband works.. i always leave her with her dad in the evenings and go to the gym, it happens once in a while while am at the gym, i get a funny felling that my gusband is abusing our baby gal..i have never been molested, dont know anyone close that has been molested as a child, i have NO idea why i get this feeling, its soo strong that sometimes am even panicking and want to come back home. My husband is a very loving father and respected man..
Now lately everytime i change my daughters diaper, she points to her private part n wants me to touch her ther, she did this today infront of my hubby n he said," u should wash her maybe she is itching.".. am planning to put a hidden camera in the nursery, am losing my mind and am so ashamed to think my hubby will do such a thing, but at the same time i get so crazy when my baby points to her private part n wants me to touch her there. What shall i do??? do other babys do this? could it be a normal toddler behaviour? pleeease i need an advice badly

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• First of all, do you trust your husband? Secondly, know that, even at this age, kids feel pleasure down there. It's normal, it's how our bodies were created. So she may want you to touch her. Just keep an eye out for signs that he may have hurt her. Look for redness, swelling, etc.
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 6:22 AM on May. 28, 2011

• agreed with the post but maybe u should talk with a child advicosy center. They can always tell for sure!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 12:08 PM on May. 28, 2011

• My son has been doing that, but I realized that it's his way of telling me he has to go.
    Tink05215

Answer by Tink05215 at 1:39 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I was abused as a child, so my opinions are very swayed by that. All i can say is that if I suspected my dh of abusing my daughter, I don't care what damage it might do to my relationship, I will do whatever I can to make sure my kids are safe. I would do the nanny cam. I just personally couldn't stand by and wait for more signs. And any time in my life I've had a gut feeling about something, there is a reason behind it.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:43 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I am a mom of four children and I never had a feeling that something inappropriate was going on with out children. If I did have a gut feeling I would put a nanny cam in, someone needs to protect your child. 

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 2:54 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I think maybe u should take her to the doctor and they can find things out, but i kind of feel like u should do the hidden camera beacuse that is your baby and just to ease your mind do it. Keep her safe by any means necessary. I have a 3yr old and she has been left with her daddy many times and she doesnt point to her private parts or want me to touch her. In fact she doesnt even like me or her dad to bathe her. Maybe she does that cause she tyring to be a big girl. But she didnt act that way when she was younger either.
    allgirlsmom31

Answer by allgirlsmom31 at 2:58 PM on May. 28, 2011

• If you are concerned and your Mama radar is going crazy, FOLLOW your gut instinct and put in a camera. If you find nothing, you never have to tell your husband. If you find something, you can have less of a guilty conscience knowing that at least YOU put a stop to it and YOU trusted your instincts. I really hope you find nothing, for everyone's sakes. As some of the PP's said, it is normal at this age for your daughter to be touching herself and exploring her body and what feels good, so that may end up being what's going on. Good luck mama!
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 4:42 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Tread lightly Mom, if you need to do the nanny cam thing to know, then do it. BUT...it sounds like you are accusing a fine man and great father of the most ungy thing. You can ruin his life, not just your relationship. I hope you can take care of your fears without him or anyone else finding out. I cannot imagine what he will go through if he finds out you think he is molesting his own child.

It is a good thing you don't have a boy. They play with their privates at every opportunity.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 2:08 PM on May. 30, 2011

• How many times are you going to post this question before you do something?
    Anonymous

• Anon??
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 2:18 PM on May. 30, 2011