Does it drive you nuts

When people here do not use proper spelling and/or grammer when posting a question or comment?
It drives me bonkers and I have a really hard time not commenting and pointing it all out! Sometimes I believe that it shows the persons age & I can forgive that to some degree. Sometimes though, I just want to tell people that maybe they are having all these problems because they can't articulate what they are trying to say to the people they are having problems with.
I know that I am not the spelling and grammar queen, but I try to always re-read my stuff before I post & make sure it at least makes sense. Why bother asking a question if no one can understand it enough to answer it??

shareleann

Asked by shareleann at 4:24 AM on May. 28, 2011 in About CafeMom

• It doesn't matter WHERE the bad spelling/grammar, lack of punctuation, text talk, etc is..it's annoying and makes anyone who types that way look uneducated and lazy. I tend to skip over those posts..it is not worth the headache of trying to decipher that "language."
    .MommieAJ.

Answer by .MommieAJ. at 6:07 AM on May. 28, 2011

• If its just a here or there type of mistake it doesnt bother me, but when it's full on "hey wut did u all eat 2day. I 8 a lot." that type of thing, it's annoying or in all CAPS, or WhErE eVeRy OtHeR wOrD iS iN CaPs
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:16 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I know i will miss a letter sometimes when i am typing but its the weird text talk that i do not understand and i am like huh?
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:33 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Get use to it. Those issues will not go away.

Answer by louise2 at 6:56 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I use my phone a lot and I make more mistakes. It won't change, people are in a hurry and don't care.
    Imagion if you'd have to try to read their handwriting.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:22 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Yes it bothers me but there is nothing you can do to change it. Having been on places like this for many years, I've learned that you just have to get used to it.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:40 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Welcome to the Internet. Nice of you to finally stop in.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:59 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Yes, it bothers me... but only when it's really bad, or really unnecessary. For example, the every other letter capitalized thing makes me crazy. Odds are not good that I'll respond to your post if you do that.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 2:27 PM on May. 28, 2011