hi i woke this morning and went to the toilet and lost what i think was my mucus plug. but along with that the second time i woke i stood up to go to the toilet and there was more but this time it was more like water but pink. i am unsure of whether this is just my mucus plug or if my waters have broken. i am having slight cramps but nothing painfull. please can u advise me of what to do and if this is normal. it is my first pregnancy and i am 5 days overdue.

lesley87

Asked by lesley87 at 6:38 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• is baby moving ok ?
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:44 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Sound to me you are going to have the baby soon. When you can today. Call your doctor about all this. If you start having worse pain. Got to the ER or your doctors office.

Answer by louise2 at 6:49 AM on May. 28, 2011

• the baby is moving fine just as she normally does.
    lesley87

Comment by lesley87 (original poster) at 6:53 AM on May. 28, 2011

• hard to say for sure.. the mucus plug can come out in different pieces and be tinged pink with blood. Are you leaking while sitting down outside of the toilet?? Otherwise, if baby is moving I would probably just try to relax and start paying attention to cramping and such .. call the doc if you get worried but you're probably just fine -- but on your way to having a baby sooner than later!
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 7:04 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Something you could do is put on a pad and lay down for about 30 minutes. When you get up just walk around a bit and check the pad. See if there is any fluid, etc. On it. That is what my OB had me do when I thought my water had broken. Or you could head to labor and delivery and they can test the fluid. Good luck!!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:38 AM on May. 28, 2011

• id call my doc and talk to them..sry not much help i was enduced with my 1st...GL
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:15 AM on May. 28, 2011

• After 4 births, I can tell you that it was probably your mucus plug. The pink is a little blood, but nothing to worry about, this is normal. If your water breaks, you will know it, although you can be leaking a little.

Not all women have awful, painful contractions. I would time your cramps. Make sure your bag is packed and you have someone on stand-by to get you to the hospital. I've delivered people's babies at home that thought they were just having cramps.

Just be ready momma, you should be holding that new baby real soon!
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:47 AM on May. 28, 2011

• call ur dr and let him know, if ur water broke the dr may want to see you to decide what to do
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 9:16 PM on May. 28, 2011

• So, what ended up happening?
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 6:16 PM on May. 29, 2011