Any tips?

k well our dog bear keeps getting out of the pen, im starting to think he thinks its a game. this has been going on the past five days or so, he just wont stay in. hes about five months old now and i dont think hed bite anybody but w the way people are and sometimes dogs can be, i just dont want to risk it. i keep an eye on him. im home practically all day.would any of u reccomend the shock collar or would it hurt him? uhg im getting very frustrated with him i might have to miss my sisters bday lunch because of this not to mention my back is starting to hurt from messsing with him.thanks in advance.oh hes part chow part lab.

luckygirl2000

Asked by luckygirl2000 at 7:05 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Pets

• Labs are notorious escape artists. Trust me, I know from multiple first hand experiences!
    I see nothing wrong with the shock collar, honestly. IF it does hurt them, that still hurts less than getting hit by a car. But I do recommend putting something along the bottom of the fence first.
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 7:09 AM on May. 28, 2011

• thanks so much! :)
    luckygirl2000

Comment by luckygirl2000 (original poster) at 7:10 AM on May. 28, 2011

• If he is not neutered yet he may be getting out because he smells a female in heat or it could be that he is bored being out in the pen. He more then likely needs more attention and exercise.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:13 AM on May. 28, 2011

• The best, and a permanent solution, is to lay down fencing so he CAN'T dig out. Look on Craigslist and see if anyone has any leftover rolls of 2x4 field fence or old chain link. Get a nipper and cut it to fit. Sew the edges if you have to overlap it and along the sides (sew it right to the cage bottom). Use any good stainless or field fence wire. He won't be able to dig out. He'll be safe, your back will not be sore any more, and you'll have peace of mind when you have to go somewhere.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 10:34 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I have lots of fencing!!! Why do u need a pen? Is your yard fenced in?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:26 PM on May. 29, 2011

• thanks ladies, no our yard isnt fenced in cause were renting the place. said we could put a pen up.
    luckygirl2000

Comment by luckygirl2000 (original poster) at 6:01 PM on May. 31, 2011