Have lots of manufacturer coupon but i'm confused

okay so i am trying to "coupon" but the part that i keep getting hung up on every time is that nice little blurb at the top of every manufacturer coupon that you clip out of the insert "one coupon per customer otherwise fraudulent". so my question is, if you spend all this time and energy saving your coupon inserts through out the months and end up with several manufacturer coupons for the same product...what's the point if you can't use them at the same time?? that's the part that i don't understand. can anyone explain it?

pmg1030

Asked by pmg1030 at 7:37 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Home & Garden

• You can't use more than one of the same coupon at the same time, but I'll try to clarify for you. You will also find thr site Hip2Save very helpful. Let's say you have a coupon for a frozen vegetable from Target to be used at Target. You use that coupon and a manufacturer's coupon for the same item at the same time, so you are saving sometimes double the money. Here, when Tops has a buy one, get one free offer, you can use one manufacturer's coupon for the one item and another same coupon for the free one. So if I have 2-$1.00 coupons for a box of Scotties tissues, for example, and Tops has them 10/$10, I will get 10/$8.00. You can also use coupons cut from inserts in your paper with free printable coupons online. Once you start getting the hang of it, it gets easier, and it works!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:45 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Most of the time, it means that you can't buy one box of cereal and use 6 coupons, but you generally can buy 6 boxes and use 6 coupons. Some stores will only allow one store coupon per customer. I don't recall seeing "one coupon per customer otherwise fraudulent" on my coupons except for on-line ones you print yourself. I'm going to need to check the coupons that I've clipped.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 7:48 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I've never had a store that doesn't allow multiple of the same coupon to be used. Some stores have limits of 5 duplicate coupons or something like that or of course one coupon per item though.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 7:44 AM on May. 28, 2011

• You can use 1 coupon per product - so if you have 6 of the same coupon, you can get 6 of the product and use all 6 coupons, but you can't use all 6 coupons on only 1 of the product.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on May. 28, 2011

• good luck! I coupon, and have never had a problem using more than 1 of the same coupons in a shopping trip.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 11:29 AM on May. 28, 2011

• thanks for your feed back ladies! this seriously helps me out a lot :-)
    pmg1030

Comment by pmg1030 (original poster) at 11:42 AM on May. 28, 2011

• There is a HUGE difference between MANUFACTURER'S COUPONS (Usually found in the Sunday paper) and STORE coupons. Most stores allow you do double up their store coupon WITH a manufacturer's coupon, but don't allow multiple manufacturer coupons for one product. Now, if you are purchasing more than one of the same item, you can usually use one coupon PER item.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:41 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Unless it says "Limit 1 per transaction or per customer" you can use one coupon per item. So if you have 2 coupons for toothpaste, you can buy 2 toothpaste. You can use 2 coupons on the same item though.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 1:07 PM on May. 28, 2011

• They just don't want you using more than one coupon for the the item that you are buying!
    eustacejessica

Answer by eustacejessica at 5:51 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I'm still trying to get the hang of the couponing thing! Just keep at it and you'll notice that your saving a little more each week!
    eustacejessica

Answer by eustacejessica at 5:52 PM on May. 28, 2011