Is there a way to get thinset out of jeans?

We recently finished redoing our master bath shower and my DH wore the wrong pair of jeans, it was one of his good pairs. Now he has the mud that you put the tile to the wall with all over the pants. Does anyone know of a way to get this out? I have washed them, but not put them in the dryer at this point.

LilLady75

Asked by LilLady75 at 7:54 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I think you'll probably have to consider the jeans ruined, since you normally use a very strong acid to remove thinset from surfaces. The thinset will probably flake off quite a bit with repeated washings, but that's probably more a matter of the ruined jeans becoming more comfortable, rather than looking good again.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:16 AM on May. 28, 2011

• i say they've become work jeans......isnt any way to really get it off with out ruining them more .....sorry
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:34 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Thanks. I figured as much, but thought it didn't hurt to ask.
    LilLady75

Comment by LilLady75 (original poster) at 10:26 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Been there, done that - you can try hand-scrubbing with a scrub brush while they're wet, but for the most part, it's stuck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I guess next time he will probably wear the old jeans. I can't think of anything that would take that out of clothing.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 11:22 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I would try scrubbing them by hand but they are probably going to become another pair of work pants! Sorry!
    eustacejessica

Answer by eustacejessica at 5:48 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Too bad he didn't think first. Now those are the old, ruined jeans and he can do the yard work and painting in. Get him a new pair for Father's Day.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:28 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Try nail polish remover and a scrub brush.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 2:29 AM on May. 29, 2011

• :/ Yup. I think they went from 'good pair' to 'wear these while doing something messy'.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:11 AM on May. 29, 2011

• If you can't scrub it out, it's stuck. :(
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:47 PM on May. 29, 2011