What age did or will you add baby food to your baby's diet?

mkdonovan

Asked by mkdonovan at 8:31 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started all 5 of mine between 4 and 6 months - the oldest three I started with cereal at 4 months, the youngest 2 I started with soft bits of fruits and veggies around 6 months.

Answer by missanc at 8:34 AM on May. 28, 2011

• We waited until 6 months but really babies only need breastmilk or formula for the first 12 months.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 8:34 AM on May. 28, 2011

• 6 months old. Went straight for pureed vegetables (skipped cereal) and slowly added fruits to the mix of course trying something new every 5 days to make sure she wasn't allergic to something. By 9 months, she was on all table food.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 8:36 AM on May. 28, 2011

• White - They still need to learn how to eat. That's the entire purpose of baby food, to teach them how to eat and work the mouth muscles such as the tongue. That's why they say start off with small amounts because it's not for nutritional reasons.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I started Cereal at 14 weeks because his reflux was getting really bad. My kids doctor said it was ok to start baby food at 4 months because he is just growing so big fast.
    mkdonovan

Comment by mkdonovan (original poster) at 8:37 AM on May. 28, 2011

• anon-eating is instinctive and not necessary before the 1st birthday. we only do it for "practice" but it's absolutely not needed. that being said i started my kids on food between 4-6 months. by 9 months they were eating exactly what we were eating just cut up in small pieces.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:40 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I couldn't wait to start my first baby. So I started her at like 6 or 8 weeks. She never liked baby food much though only things she would eat was cereal with fruit in it or she ate bananas, apple sauce, pears, peaches and sqwuash that was it. My youngest I started at 6 months this one I am pregnant with now will probably also be 6 months when I start
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:42 AM on May. 28, 2011

• 4 and a half months
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:48 AM on May. 28, 2011

• DD - 5 months
    DS - 5 1/2 months
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 9:08 AM on May. 28, 2011

• i'll start when the pediatrician recommends it.
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 11:48 AM on May. 28, 2011