Right side pain.

Okay, so my whole pregnancy I've had gallbladder problems. The last few days I've been in a lot of pain on my right side and my lower stomach HURTS horribly when I go pee. I went to the doctor today and got blood work and urinalysis to see what the deal was. Everything looked fine with my gallbladder and I don't have a UTI, but some levels in my kindeys were high, and I have to go back tomorrow for more tests.

Did anyone else develop problems with their kidneys in pregnancy? What was it?

oliviasmomma09

Asked by oliviasmomma09 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had problems with kidney stones. All I can say is PUSH FLUIDS because you DO NOT want to deal with stones! You think labor pain is bad? Oh you just wait until you have to feel the pain of a kidney stone! Drink as much water as you possibly can! I have a stent in right now that I have scheduled to be taken out on Friday (I'm not pregnant but this is just to warn you about what you dont want!) So please, please, PUSH FLUIDS! Also, try to avoid salt as much as possible. You dont want calcium build up in your kidneys, thats what makes kidney stones!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 3:17 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I had a problem with my gall bladder AND kidney while I was pregnant. The way all of my organs shifted position when my uterus started pushing on everything squished them and didn't allow for proper drainage, so I developed "backup". They did an ultrasound and the big black spots showed up, showing them where stuff was building up. There was nothing we could do to fix them, so I just had to deal! Lots of water can help the body flush out the bad stuff, though, so that helped prevent an in fection...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:04 AM on Dec. 9, 2008