Morning After Pill - Plan B adult content

My SIL will be 17 tomorrow, and texted me this morning that the condom broke. I don't have ANY extra money lying around to help her get this, I was wondering if anyone knew what would happen if she went to planned parenthood. She's still a minor, no job, no insurance. Would they be able to help her?

Krysta622

Asked by Krysta622 at 9:13 AM on May. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think 17 and under they won't charge her but I'm not 100% sure. At the very least it will be low cost
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:22 AM on May. 28, 2011

• They won't charge her.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:13 AM on May. 28, 2011

• THEY WONT CHARGE HER AND SHE CAN GO ALONE THEY ALWAYS HELP TEEN GIRLS OUT
    FIVEHAPPYHEARTS

Answer by FIVEHAPPYHEARTS at 10:23 AM on May. 28, 2011

• They will probably give it to her. But please make sure she knows ALL about this. Make sure she knows the side effects and the fact that she is giving her body a major shot of hormones all at once. They do not know the long term effects of this. And make sure she knows the controversies. I wouldn't want to see this child waking up someday and realizing that she flushed out a baby and didn't know about it. If she's fine with that, I'm not going to inject my 2 cents, but I do feel that everyone has the right to know everything about what they put in their bodies.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:23 AM on May. 28, 2011

• She can go by herself and I am pretty sure they wont charge her.
    mconnoll

Answer by mconnoll at 11:45 AM on May. 28, 2011

• @attap5...plan B (the "morning after" pill) DOES NOT abort a pregnancy...it prevents it from happening...if a woman is already pregant before taking the pill than it will do nothing to harm the pregnancy. thats why they suggest taking it right away, to PREVENT the pregnancy.
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 1:41 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Sorry Happymom8262, attap5 is right.
    Plan B does abort after conception. The package says that if the egg has implanted it doesn't abort the egg but there is a unique set of DNA present before implantation. Life begins at conception.(whether you believe it or not).
    Anonymous

• "Medical authorities define an abortion as the disruption of an implanted fertilized egg. Therefore, if the medical definition of pregnancy is an implanted egg in the uterus, a woman is not considered to be pregnant if she has a fertilized egg that has not yet implanted. This means that it is impossible for Plan B One-Step to terminate a pregnancy since, medically, the pregnancy doesn’t exist.

Federal policy, as well, is both consistent and in accord with the medical community, defining drugs and devices that act before implantation as preventions to pregnancy rather than agents that terminate pregnancy."

happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 2:06 PM on May. 28, 2011

• to the original poster: i apologize for bringing any sort of "debating" onto your post...i know this isnt the type of information you were looking for
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 2:09 PM on May. 28, 2011

• http://planbonestep.com/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=plan%20b&utm_campaign=Branded&gclid=CI7yjbm7i6kCFQzNKgodPHcopg

Don't listen to the people that don't know what they're talking about. Inform yourself, and her, with the CORRECT information first.

And here are the side effects, that are NOT long term.

http://women.emedtv.com/plan-b/plan-b-side-effects-p2.html
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 4:18 PM on May. 28, 2011