How long after a c-section should you wait to exercise?

Its been 10 weeks. I tried crunches the other day and im not sure if it swelled up or not.. meaning my abdomin. just was very sensitive the next day or two. anyone know if I should wait longer... its something productive to do with my time.

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 9:19 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would wait longer to work on your stomach. I didnt start that stuff until about 5-6 months after my c-section. Go for walks every night/morning. Thats what I did and I had a flat stomach before I even started the crunches....you can also do wall pushups for your arms.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:29 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I think a lot depends on how fit you were before you had the c-sections. I went for a 2 mile walk 3 days afterward. Just do what feels comfortable and don't push it too soon.
    shopleslie

Answer by shopleslie at 9:43 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Did you mention anything to your dr.? That would be your best bet. People's bodies react differently to c-sections, so you def. don't wanna push it, if you're unsure. Walking and stuff like that should be ok def.!! But as for crunches/ sit-ups, you may wanna talk to your dr. first.... Congrats by the way.....
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 10:11 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Thank you
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 10:17 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I would wait unti 4months or more. Due to the internal healing. But walking/jogging never hurt ne one!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 12:37 PM on May. 28, 2011