So now that i have all these tattoos and lost my old job, NOWHERE will hire me! Any ideas? Besides going to school to do piercing and i do want to do that but it too takes money!

tat2honey

Asked by tat2honey at 4:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Money & Work

• What did you do at your old job? What kind of job are you looking for? What are you wearing to job interviews? Make sure that you really cover up when you go to an interview. If necessary, buy the tattoo cover up make up.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Hmm...sorry your having so much trouble if you are looking to work at home you could try www.chacha.com or www.1800flowers.com I know of a awesome home business but you still have to have $20 dollars just to get started if your interested...check out this webinar at: http://www.apwebinar.com and if your seriously wanting to get started request an interview here: http://www.freedomathometeam.com/soar/request Good luck and I hope you get what your searching for!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• sorry but the best i have to offer is maybe a factory job. but both of my sisters are peircers and they didn't have to go to school for it. Just find someone to apprintace you. (sorry about the terrible spelling.)
    MissMurder888

Answer by MissMurder888 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Get the tat makeup, and try to look at the people that work at places you regularly go. If they see you all the time, then they know you're an OK person...plus if you see other people with tats, you know they're open to the idea of tats on their employees!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• If you can try and wear clothing to cover up what you can, and use makeup on the rest--that may help in the interviewing process. I also have tattoos, but they can be covered easily. My husband has a few on his arm that show and he got a very good job--they looked beyond that and I know you will find an employer that will hire you and look past it. Another idea is try applying for a job that does not directly deal with customers in person, the company may not care as much then. Good luck!!
    Americanmom483

Answer by Americanmom483 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• What about helping out at a tattoo place, like cleaning up and straightening the place up?
    Maybe they can use a receptionist.
    Or preparing the clients.
    Anonymous

• There is a GREAT make-up for covering tatto's
    Cover Your Tattoo Totally
    www.tattoocamo.com      Made to cover Tattoos, Guaranteed Conceals Completely & Quickly
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• You could cook in any restaraunt where customers won't see you.
    Deliver newspapers
    Not sure where your tats are but you could wear long sleeves or cover them with your hair (or try the stuff VBruno found).
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I'm not going to spam my company, If you want to PM me I can tell you more. I'm looking for someone looking to help others.
    It's Free to start up too.
    cashmakingmama

Answer by cashmakingmama at 3:22 AM on Jul. 20, 2008