We can tell this will be a very ugly Presidential run. How ugly do you predict the Presidential race will be for 2012?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• You do realize that most posts are NEGATIVE....the question involved a description of "UGLY" elections? I am more optimistic and positive than you guys are and yet that gets down votes.

Your voted down because your rude to anyone who disagrees with you. You resort to calling them crazy gun nuts or a bitch. Sure you will delete it and then lie about the name calling but everyone knows your game here. I feel sorry for you it must be a very sad and lonely life you live.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on May. 30, 2011

• It's going to be an ugly election b/c Obama knows how to play Chicago (read Mafia) style politics.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 11:23 AM on May. 28, 2011

• The only thing the democrats (or rather the progressive/liberals) will have in their arsenal is the race card and it will be played at every turn.  It will be ugly.

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:05 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I think it will be about the norm. Personally, I'd like someone to not play the mudslinging game and tell me what THEY can do, not how horrible the other person is.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 10:08 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I think it will be a little uglier than usual. I love election season. It's like my football season. I don't care much about the mudslinging. It's all just reminders of what the other candidate has done. Best thing to do is to research the mud to see what's actually in it. While things might seem like they don't make sense on the outside, once you get into the information there is usually a good reason for it. And yes, I'm talking about both sides. You just have to put your own priorities in order and pick the candidate that best represents you. Nobody really represents my ideals so prioritization is a necessity for me. I am usually a fiscal conservative before I am a social moderate.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:29 AM on May. 28, 2011

• It's going to be ugly because that's the nature of the beast. It's always ugly. You either love it or hate it. I love it. Not that it's ugly, but the whole process. You can make anything look ugly if you present it in a certain way. Looking behind the curtain is the key. Just because someone says something is negative doesn't mean it is. Like when either side is demonized for not passing a bill. The reason behind it could be a provision of the bill that will be a negative for society. Or perhaps the cost of the bill to the taxpayer vs. the benefit to society. It's not always just because one side doesn't want the other side to have a win. But those of us that take the time to dig into the reasons will understand that.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:59 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Itll be typical, no uglier then 2008 I say. The race card will be played unsuccessfully this time.

Answer by gemgem at 12:22 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I think it will depend on the Republican candidate! If it's NOT a good candidate, Obama stands to be re-elected....HOWEVER, I think MANY blacks and 18-25 year olds will simply sit this one out...because they've ALREADY "been a part of history!" Most of them probably haven't paid attention to what Obama has done since the day after his inauguration!! Ugh!

We already know that his approval rating is only around 40%...as opposed to nearly 70% post inauguration....so I have a feeling AT LEAST 30% will vote for the Republican candidate. The Independents who were responsible for getting him elected WON'T be making the same mistake twice! As for the ardent Obama supporters...well, you can't fix everything! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:26 AM on May. 28, 2011

• The race card will certainly continue on as it always does when his supporters fail to justify alot of his moves..policies.The ugliest stuff will come from the progressives who will be seething with desperation..clinging ever so grippingly to their fantasy dream of a marxist America.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:36 PM on May. 28, 2011

• Are you HOPING it will be? Are you looking for DRAMA? Is your life really that dull?
    WHat a negative thing to say! UGLY? Only in the souls of those who are mean-spirited, negative and pessimistic.
    I don't think it will be ugly. WHy do YOU?

***

I thought you were DONE commenting on POLITICS?!?! Did you forget that you said that just last week (for the millionth time), or did you just outright LIE....again!?!?

You DO realize that you only serve to entertain the rest of us with your mostly incoherent ramblings and grammar lessons, don't you?! LOL :oP
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:09 PM on May. 28, 2011