Help!!!!!

I couldnt sleep last night so i decided to re decorate my bedroom. Well, whne i finally got the moving my bed you would never guess what i found........MOLD!!!! It Is all along the wall and the worst in the corner where i just so happen to sleep WITH MY DD. Of course i didnt see mold when i first moved into my apartment. But get thiss......we've been sleeping in this spot for 6 MONTHS!!! I am freaking out! I called my apartment office but of course got no reply. What can i do in the meantime? will my DD have long term effects from the mold? What can i do or say to get out of this apartment cause im sure it will come back.

Shortma197

Asked by Shortma197 at 9:51 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Health

• I would heavily bleach the entire area. There is also some mold resistant paint you can get that will inhibit the growth. If you've signed a lease hopefully there is a clause about this. Good luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:53 AM on May. 28, 2011

• You will both be fine. In the worst cases mold can cause respiratory problems, if you aren't experiencing this then I'd calm down. Bleach the area and keep a light on the area for a while. Mold hates light, also consider getting dehumidifier.  Good Luck.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:58 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Take lots of photos before you do anything!!! You need to inform the apartment manager that if you don't hear from them you will have to do something about it. Be careful and document everything, If you do any damage trying to fix the problem, they could blame you and try to make you pay for it. I would also inform them that you are taking the cost of the repair out of the rent. I would tell them that you expect to hear back from them by a specific time, that you consider it an emergency. Document document document.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 10:16 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Exactly what ochsamom said!
    Document, photos, write down the dates and time that you call the managers, keep any and all email/written communication. Have copies of everything. I learned the hard way and was screwed out of 1500. -shakes head-
    I wouldn't try cleaning it just yet, but call and say they have until x-time to get back to you though keep in mind that this is a holiday weekend and you probably will not hear anything until Tuesday.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 12:56 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I agree with all above. In the mean while get some mold and medow killer and clean. I would not sleep in that room again until the apt manager does something about it
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 2:49 PM on May. 28, 2011