I banned my 8yr.old from the bathtub!

he is now confined to the shower! i went in the bathroom earlier to give him a towel and the floor was literally like a wading pool! does any of your kid(s) have this problem?

pinkclover

Asked by pinkclover at 11:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yes so in desperation we put in a pool and only bath during the summer months! lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Yes. He thinks its fun to splash me. The more I tell him NO the more he thinks it's funny and splashes me more...
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 11:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• amber1109- how old is he?
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 11:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My dd is too small to cause that big of a mess yet, but I would have done the same thing.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yes, she also will drain the water and squirm around squeaking like a mouse. It's so annoying. She is also 8.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• omg, my son is 20 months and thinks it's GREAT to put water all over the floor. and he hates showers, i done tried that. so he gets in, i wash him up, he gets out and he's done. no playing allowed for now.
    Anonymous

• Not from an older child like an eight year old, but definitely from the toddlers!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 11:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• he seriously thinks it's a swimming pool or something! i don't know, maybe he was a fish in a past life! LOL!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 11:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• LOL.. sorry.. but it may have been he was trying to swim in it and the water ended up out of the tub... not necessarily from splashing. This is what my son used to do.
    Anonymous

• Oh yes. Part of my problem is if the bath tub has water in it the kids refuse to bathe alone. It's so annoying. My 7yo and 6yo (a boy and girl) get in and they destroy the bathroom. My 8yo isn't bad. She won't bathe with any of the other kids and doesn't make a big mess. My 2yo thinks it's funny to splash me.
    The older 3 are only allowed to take showers for the most part (which only partially cuts back on the mess) and the 2yo usually takes a shower, too. That's mostly because they cracked the bottom of the tub so it leaks. I'd rather not fill it all up in case they break it more and send a cascade of water into the lower floors.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2008