Drinking in front of kids?

How do you feel about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• i see it as no different than drinking any kind of liquid in front of a kid. being drunk is not the same as drinking. being drunk in front of kids is obviously wrong on so many levels. drinking responsibly happens everyday and is perfectly acceptable in front of kids.

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:43 AM on May. 28, 2011

• If you're not getting drunk, I don't see a problem.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:46 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I agree.. Like having a glass of wine or so is okay but not drinking to get high and I have a problem with liming with people who drink in front of my son because alot of my husbands friends are alcoholics and have no control so I don't really have them around my child. But a responsible person is okay.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 10:49 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I drank a glass of champagne last night, didn't effect anyone. But, I know this is a weird rule, I do have a no drinking rule when my son is over at the same time as other company. Why? Because Some people don't know when to stop, get drunk, get loud etc. So when company is over there is a no drinking rule.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:49 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Most of my friends who I used to know get DRUNK in front of their children which I think is despicable and completely undermines the child's idea of safety and security in a parent. However drinking, if you do drink, one glass or so isn't exactly awful
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 10:48 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Would you take your child to a family gathering where there is drinking, and lets say there is one uncle who can't hold their liquor? Getting loud(but is not necessarily putting anyone in danger)?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:58 AM on May. 28, 2011

• i think it's fine. let's face it, teenagers are gonna drink when they can, and if they have seen examples of RESPONSIBLE drinking from their parents throughout their lifetime then they are less likely to binge drink and be stupid about alcohol. most of the kids i grew up with had parents who let them drink at home once they turned 16 and we were less likely to be out on a saturday night getting completely drunk and being stupid than the kids whose parents treated alcohol like it was the worst thing in the world.
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 11:01 AM on May. 28, 2011

• It depends. Getting drunk and obnoxious is a bad thing, but drinking a few glasses of wine or beer or whatever and showing your children moderation is a good thing. Children will become teenagers, who will want to try things. If they don't know there needs to be limits they will drink too much, possibly to the point of alcohol poisoning.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:06 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Drinking in front of children is okay. Getting drunk and bad behavior is not.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:00 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I see no problem. Nobody in the family or circle of friends drink to excess. I didn't even know anyone who got drunk ever when my kids were little. OR older than that.I don't know any drunks NOW! LOL.Kids will survive even if they see you drink a glass of wine or a beer.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:02 PM on May. 28, 2011