Stretchmarks when not pregnant/obese? Going crazy with them?

I'm 21, have never been pregnant and have never been grossly overweight so to speak. I'm about 11 pounds of a healthy weight for my size which isn't much I don't think and I have GROTESQUE stretch marks that KEEP getting worse. I have them on my stomach, legs and big almost 'scratch mark' ones on my hips. Even DH has commented on them getting so much worse and really dark purple. I have started drinking hundreds of gallons a water a day as well as moisturising constnatly and NOTHING. They're ugly and I can't even wear a swimming costume anymore, I'm just sick and tired of this all. SD who is 3 asked me if I'd been hurt by someone and why was my skin all bloody and purple. They really are getting to me. I don't understand why thery're here and getting worse every day. Soon I'll be one giant stretcmarks :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Health

• You need to go see a dermatologist.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:45 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Some people get stretch marks and some don't. When I got mine it took a couple of months for them to fade to natural skin color. Maybe seeing a dermatoligist is a good idea like the previous post suggest.
    madimoma

Answer by madimoma at 10:56 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I can totally relate to you. It sounds like we have the same stretch marks. Mine are even on theback of my knees, my arms, etc. I know they are humiliating, but I just try to igore them and be happy with my other positive attributes. I asked my gyno about them and if there were anything that could be done about them and she really wasn't that positive about it. I have never thought about going to a dermatologist so maybe I i'll try that. Try to love yourself and your positive qualities inside and out. Take time everday to find one thing that you are grateful for in you life. I am sure you have many things that are positive about you. Love yourself and don't beat yourself up so much. Peace.
    kdwiegandt

Answer by kdwiegandt at 11:18 AM on May. 28, 2011