Teething 4month old

I've got a fussy teething 4month 3week old who only want's to be held, semi feed & suck on his pacifier & of course rub his face on my chest .... I am nervous about using the baby orajel even though he can use it according to the package, but they had me wait a little awhile for the baby tylenol ... what can i do to make him more comfortable ...?

proudmommy_0811

Asked by proudmommy_0811 at 10:43 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why are they having you wait on the tylenol? If oragel is all you can use, then use it. Just a tiny dab. It tastes yucky so have a bottle to get the taste of of his mouth. If he's in pain, then you've got to treat the pain. He may be doing all those things because he's in too much pain to rest. Of course, hold him and comfort him as well, but when he gets some relief, you might be able to put him down to sleep. Hope this helps.

PS-I have used Hyland's teething tablets as they dissolve in their mouths and they are homeopathic. However, they have had a recent recall and are unavailable in our area. But when they come back to the shelves, I'm stocking up. See if they have them in your area. Take care.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:51 AM on May. 28, 2011

• They made me wait awhile when he was younger & are making me watch him he was month early they want to make sure he's teething first...i have told them i feel the little stubs of the teeth but they want to check him at his next appointment... :( i might just make an appointment for this later this week he's been so fussy ... i might use the orajel around bedtime
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 11:08 AM on May. 28, 2011

• try getting a warm washcloth and have him suck on it or bite it. Good Luck!
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 6:37 PM on May. 28, 2011