We've Been Arguing, help me out here.....

My hubby's brother came to visit, I haven't allowed his brothers to stay over since the last time they came over a year ago. Why? Because they didn't clean up after themselves, they expected me and my hubby to buy everything for them, and when I was WORKING from my computer, I gave myself a 15minute break to go switch over laundry, this ASSHOLE turned off all of my files, unsaved, so he could use facebook. WTH ahhhhh I could have choked him out right there, but I only did so in my imagination. And not to mention before we were married they didn't like me, and made it clear.

So I wake up, who the hell is here, his brother, with a bag, "oh, (fill in name)'s staying over for a few days, I forgot to tell you because you've been busy." Brother standing right there, I'm on the spot, which I think was the plan, and I said, "so what hotel will he be at?" response? "Hotel (fill in our last name) and (other brother's name) is coming soon too."

Uggghhhh
So I just said it, "I made it clear that they can't stay over anymore, to you and them, (brother 2) deleted my work files for face book, they both mooched the whole time, and they never cleaned, I'm not some house maid, I work, I don't have time for 4 kids, I already have 2."

then his brother was trying to chime in, "you're over reacting, you're over reating" not yelling but loudly
my response, "Don't get loud with me in my house, pick up your shit, you're leaving, you are not welcome in my home, buh bye."

wht doews he do, say "whatever, I'm staying and sits on the couch."

At this point my hubby is standing in front of me, as if I am going to charge at his brother so I just said "I'm going o go cool off, youre still leaving, but if I keep getting angrier I'm going to lose control."
so here I am, wtf do I do, so irritated

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I would be so pissed. My husband would be out the door too if he didn't back me up!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:50 AM on May. 28, 2011

• AND I would call the cops if the idiot didn't leave. Guaranteed that even if your hubby wants his brother there, the cops will kick him out.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:52 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Wow, how rude. But it sounds like the the brothers (including your DH) was raised that way. Forgetting to tell you because you are busy is no excuse.

I too used to work from home and people do not see it as a real job. They think because you don't leave the house and punch a clock that you are there for their every whim at anytime.

If I had the money, I would call a motel and book if for all 3 of the men. I'd pack DH bags for a few days and tell them to go have fun. When the brothers are gone I would sit down and tell your husband that your marriage is a partnership and you are willing to compromise, but he needs to also. That doesn't mean inviting company without your knowledge. I would explain to him how if you brought your sisters or friends to his job for several days how it would impact his job.

Losing control, is only going to give them more to dislike you for, although they are clearly wrong.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:53 AM on May. 28, 2011

• WOW... This is a Big one.. i would rather not answer cause this is a family affair.. But this is True.. If you want to have a good Marriage you can't expect your Husband to give up his brothers/Family totally. Perhaps the staying over is too much. But can't you give him a middle Road.. And does he at least get to have family time with them.. If my Man tried to keep me away from my family . I would find a way to see them and recent him in the process. I am not saying let them stay with you. But maybe give them the one night and tell him they have to find another place tomorrow. Then say very sweetly why don't you go hang with your brothers and have fun.. I don't want you to have a bad relationship with them. But we just don't have the Room, money or time to take care of them.. Show you care but that you need your time together to... Good Luck.. I have been thru this before. and believe me best to not make ememies..
    angduse1

Answer by angduse1 at 11:00 AM on May. 28, 2011

• NO
    This was a plan on DH's part. He thinks it's funny...I'm assuming otherwise he would have enough sense not to piss me off like this.
    He comes trotting up the stairs as if nothings wrong...opens my office door "Hey, do you mind if we go pick up the kids from your moms" {my mom and sis took our boys 1,4, to breakfast and then to she's taking them to a petting zoo, then she was going to bring them back}

SO I said "NO, she's spending time with them. Get that asshole into a hotel. I don't want him here"
    Then he's trying to be cute as if this is a joke "rarr, somebody is about to start their period." Given, I do get bitchier with PMS< I am fully aware, but he knew damn well his brothers not allowed to stay the night here anymore.

so anyway I just stared at him like "are you serious?" him standing there arms folded, nose in air all obnoxious "YUP"
    ..................
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:03 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Ummm that is rude but, there just trying to get between you and ur hubby... I wouldn't have kicked him out though... That's just going to mess things up with ur hubby
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 11:03 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I said "get him a hotel, get him out, I cn't have him teaching my sons that ho to treat a brother's wife. Not going to learn that here."
    "he's broke" no money
    umm okay
    tell him to go back home then

so then he was like "Im not doing that, let him stay in the guest room" blah blah blah. I just looked at him and saidMotel 6 or cops will be called, I will not be disrespecting in my home, he needs to leave. This is a ad example for the boys." That was it. NO choice has been made so if he starts to think he is staying here tonight I am calling the cops. They'll make the ogre leave.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:09 AM on May. 28, 2011

• and I dont care if they stay somewhere else and don't take our money. I'd rather pay for my hubby to go see them, rather thanthem come here. That way I don't have to deal with them
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:12 AM on May. 28, 2011

• They could all go the the motel for a couple of days.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:12 AM on May. 28, 2011

• ANd my family never disrespect my husband, my sister knows better. And if she did I would check her at the door too until she made a sincere apology.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:13 AM on May. 28, 2011