Pregnancy Dilema??

Okay so this is whats bothering me. Nearly 4 months ago I had my daughter by c section. (2nd c sec) Now i use the IUD and i have it for a month. Now the dilema or problem here is that the day after i got it i got my period. A month has gone by and i havent gotten my period. Could I be pregnant? By the way i have an apointment to have the iud checked bacause i cant feel the strings. So what do you think? IF i was to be pregnant how can this affect my health from a recent c section. (i dont believe in abortion) If you can help please do so. Thank you, thank you very much.

lasisterd

Asked by lasisterd at 11:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it could be that, or it could be that the iud is doing its job.. cuz are u supposed to get normal periods?
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My friend got the IUD and it made her periods way out of whack. That's PROBABLY all that is going on. But it is still possible to get pregnant.
    For your other question, you and the baby should be fine. My husband and I made the choice to have 3 children very close in age. My first born was 7 weeks old when I got pregnant with my 2nd. It will be a harder pregnancy at first b/c your body is still a little drained of nutrients and such from your previous pregnancy and it will make you more tired, but once you get past that you and the baby (if you are pregnant) should be perfectly healthy.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I have one and i was told that it was ok if i didn't feel the string. Also, when you read the fine print on them it tell you may experience strange flow periods up to the 1st yr. Also includding skipping periods. Your body will heal from a c-sect the way it would ne time an having one again may seem hard to u but normally your body can take those kind of things w/o thinkin twice. Also see if your dr. preforms a V-back instead of the c-sect again tht might be an option for you? B/c of the iud wait for a few more pregnacy signals before scare urself an worry.
    bandit85

Answer by bandit85 at 12:45 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• my mom had a c section with my oldest sister they said back then that its not likely to have a child naturally after you have had a csection but my mom proved that wrong she had 4 girls naturally after that and that was before the new technology they have today so if someone can prove the old ways that you can have babies after a c section you can definitly be ok these days.....
    as for your first like sunshine said could be just getting the periods settled they get kind of thrown out of wack after pregnancy and... if using something like the iud
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 4:23 AM on Dec. 9, 2008