Those of you that tell others mothers that they should quit their jobs because

of not being able to spend ample time with their kids, should be banned. How can you tell a person who is bringing in money that they should quit a perfectly good job? You're not right.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• I actually had one of my ds's friends mom say that too my face. It pissed me off it's like wth? Maybe we need the money..She's like aren't your kids suffering? it's like no they only would suffer if I sat home on my ass like you and didn't bring in the money they need.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:06 AM on May. 28, 2011

• You should always do what is best for your family. People will always disagree in some fashion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Im am a big believer in sahm. I worked in a daycare and saw a lot of kids firsts. We had a little girl start crawling and walking at the daycare. I personally couldn't imagine missing those huge milestone firsts. So, dh and I decided that being a sahm would work for us. That being said, I understand that not everyone has the choice. I'm not going to sit and preach that you are wrong for working if your family needs the income.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:32 AM on May. 28, 2011

• i work because i like working. i would go crazy with boredom if i was home all the time. i get plenty of time with my daughter. i need to work for my own sanity
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:36 AM on May. 28, 2011

• There are just as many women out there who think that staying at home with their children is a bad thing.

I believe that it depends on the situation. I was a single mom at one time and HAD to work. I don't HAVE to now. If you have enough to live on and go to work just to buy your children the latest game systems and have to drive the newest car, I feel that is selfish and taking time away from the kids. If you are working because you need to put food on the table and provide a roof over their heads and meet their basic needs, that is a whole lot different.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:58 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Peope make choices that are best for their families.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:03 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Some mothers shouldn't be sahms even if they can afford it. It implies that working mothers don't have enough quality time with their kids, and that's simply not true. Unless a mother, any mother, is working DAYS away from her family, no one is missing out on anything. What's good for one family isn't necessarily the best for another. Some moms work so their kids can participate in extracurricular activities, not just so they can buy something frivolous. It all depends on where the individual family's priorities lie, and as long as everyone is happy, there's nothing wrong with it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:09 AM on May. 28, 2011

• honestly sometimes its not a choice. If i didn't work where would the money come from??? I'm a single mom of twin toddlers. i HAVE to work. honestly if i start getting crap from people about not workign so i can spend time with my kids and then get crap from other people about working more so i don't have to have any public assistance, i'm GOING to start PULLING MY HAIR OUT.
    like really you think i have a job because i DONT want to spend time with my kids??? people drive me NUTS.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:09 AM on May. 28, 2011

• There are going to be many different opinions here since it is a public website. Seriously, ban someone for their opinion. So, if you don't agree with me that abortion is a woman's choice and not murder you should be banned???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Well...I disagree that money comes first...because it shouldn't...however, everyone needs to do what is right right for them and their family and nobody has the right to judge.
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 12:41 PM on May. 28, 2011