Is it okay to give my 3 month old teething tablets???

My 3 month old is teething!!!!! I asked earlier but didn't get much response, is that normal?? Is it okay to give her teething tablets to ease her pain or is she to little? My poor baby is just suffering! Her little mouth won't fit a teething ring in it really, but if I stick my finger in there she LOVES it!

shauna9909

Asked by shauna9909 at 11:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I gave mine 2 tablets at a time. It should be fine. You could also give a little Tylenol if she is really incomfortable. She might like a cold washcloth to chew on too.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• There are a couple of things that you can do to help her out while she teethes. You can buy Oregel for baby's. It's safe to put in her mouth and it will only numb the pain. You can also put a wet wash cloth in the freezer and after it has frozen give it to her to bite on. That helps to numb it too and she can suck on it and play with it. Or you can continue to use your finger which baby's have always acquired a taste too! Lol. I'm not sure what teething tables are but if they say they are for babies her age then it shouldn't be a problem. You can also call you local pharmacy to find out for sure.
    floyd835

Answer by floyd835 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Thank you ladies its nice to finally get some response to a question I ask :) I really appreciate it!
    shauna9909

Answer by shauna9909 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• teething tablets are a homeopathic way of doing it and if i knew she was it alot of pain i would try tylenol i think her age is like .4 on the measurement thing
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 11:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Normal and yes you can give teething tablets.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:41 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I would recommend the the teething tablets before I would recomend Oragel. I heard oragel can cause them to sufficate because it numbs thier throats? I dont know how true that is but better to be safe than sorry I would say!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 3:12 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• In response to angieluv: I give my daughter baby orajel when she gets a new tooth in. You are only supposed to use the tiniest amount, there's not a lot of space in their little mouths. If there is enough for them to swallow to numb their throats then you are using way too much.
    angelofice

Answer by angelofice at 9:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• "angelofice
    In response to angieluv: I give my daughter baby orajel when she gets a new tooth in. You are only supposed to use the tiniest amount, there's not a lot of space in their little mouths. If there is enough for them to swallow to numb their throats then you are using way too much. "

I understand. But still, I'd rather be safe than sorry!! :)
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 1:01 AM on Dec. 10, 2008