Have you ever invited someone to your wedding and regreted it?

I'm having a very small wedding on Wednesday. I invited my dad and like 4 other people. My dad told me that he didn't think he was going to make it because he didn't want to leave his dogs outside for a couple of hours. I told him that it's the biggest day of my life except when my daughter was born, but that I would put him down as a no, since his priorities are twisted. He sent back an immediate reply, Oh no! I'll come, I'll totally be there, just give me the address! So I was hesitant but gave it to him. Now I'm kind of regretting it. Have you ever invited someone to your wedding and regreted it later? What did you do?

emmyandlisa

Asked by emmyandlisa at 11:07 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• if your dad isn't a behavioral problem, then I'd just let it go.
    some people are kind of extreme when it comes to their pets. My aunt brought their dog to my cousin's wedding!
    People get weird when it comes to weddings. I could write a book on all that went on during my engagement. I was literally in the process of writing the announcement that the wedding was canceled when DH talked me out of it.
    From that point on we just treated anything that came up as just something to either ignore or deal with as easily as possible.

One day my mother called and told me that my Dad wasn't coming and she wasn't sure if any of the rest of the family would come either since I was having the wedding in the state I lived in rather than my home town. I'm pretty sure she'd been drinking at the time.
    She didn't remember it later.
    I say just have your day, and be happy dad is there.
    DH's dad wasn't and DH will never forgive him.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:04 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I invited my bff to be my maid of honor. We lived about 6 hours away from her at the time, and she told me she couldn't afford to come out. Ok, we'll supply a bus ticket. Then she said she couldn't afford the food. Don't worry, we won't let you starve. Then she couldn't afford the dress. Okay, I'd planned on buying your clothing and accessories for the wedding anyway. After all of this, she still said no. Who does that? I still feel like she was being a jealous bitch - at this point she'd never had a serious boyfriend, and I had multiple people telling me from the get go that she'd refuse because she resented the fact I was getting married and having a baby, too. She's done me this way many times over the years and it's just been recently that I've made the decision to cut the toxicity out of my life and be done with her. My only regret is not doing it sooner and avoiding heartache. Good luck with your dad.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:23 AM on May. 28, 2011