My child licks me!

My dd will be 6months next week and she licks me like a puppy do. I don't know how to get her to stop. She has to lick me to go to sleep. I have brought those little security blankets that have the teetinhg thing at the end, but she wants me. When someone else gets her she will lick their face, but I guess she know how I taste now because she will scream out until I get her. Is this normal? Has anyone experince this? Even after feeding her she do this. How can I break her from this habit? Can breastfeeding have something to do with this?

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 11:09 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son did that too... when he was tired he would nuzzle into my neck and lick it... I figured it did have to do with breastfeeding and the taste and smell comforted him.

AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:33 AM on May. 28, 2011

• *teething* *experience* sorry still haven't had my coffee.
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 11:09 AM on May. 28, 2011

• bumping cause i'm not sure!

i do recall a few weeks ago df and i went away, met up with friends and one friend had a younger sibling along. the boy sat beside df and just decided to lick his arm a few times?! very odd... would like to know what the kids are thinking :D
    pipsqueak01

Answer by pipsqueak01 at 11:30 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Not sure why she would be doing that...never heard of it. Maybe she's just showing her love! =)
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 6:33 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I think breast feeding does have something to do with it. Mine is 5 mo and she is breast fed and she does that to but funny thing is she mostly does it to my husband :/
    AmberNicoley

Answer by AmberNicoley at 4:46 AM on May. 29, 2011