how would you feel?

i got my husband a couple of gifts this year i know he'll love and need. but, he didnt want to get anything for each other and only for the kids. idk why..well, he got me one thing, and i feel like he just got it cause i got him gifts. i dont think he wanted to get me anything.he sucks at keeping secrets, and i figured out its a silver locket necklace. $20 at walmart. he always leaves the prices on things for as long as i can remember. it bugs me cause i feel like i went all out for him, and all he got me was a necklace that will probably give me a rash. and he always gets me gifts that i didnt ask for. he NEVER gets me what i ask for.and it makes me sad.like he doesnt really know me, and it sucks.i plan on talking to him about it when he gets home, but i wanted to know how would you all feel?do i have the right to feel sad about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• I always say that it is the thought that counts and these gifts are totally thoughtless. I would rather get nothing than get an " obligation gift " because they felt they had to have something there for you to unwrap. If they don't think it is for me, I would rather them save their money.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• At least he's trying. I don't get anything!!! I got him a ton of stuff and all I get to see is the smiles on everyone's face. It's okay though, I'm more of a giver anyways. Maybe this year will be different and I'll get something (who am I kidding?).
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Somebody call the wambulance! .....My god, be glad that he thought of you!
    Anonymous

• I know how you feel. Last year my ex bought me the 5 dollar special necklace and earling set! I was so sad :( I had stood in lines on Black Friday to get the best gifts ever, and I got some cheesy ass necklace.

I would still be happy that he did get you something :) Men are stupid, the only reason I keep them around is the package they offer lol (no pun intended right?)
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 11:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I agree that atleast he is trying, but in the same breath I would totally feel the same way deep inside! Maybe you should go return a few of the things you got for him! I am not married or anything, but me and my SO are still in the stage of who can beat who at getting the best present and it sucks...he definatley makes more money than I do!!!!! So I guess I would be grateful I could beat him at the game! :)
    shauna9909

Answer by shauna9909 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I also love that someone can be so brave to throw names around, but aren't even brave enough to do it under their screen name... pathetic if you ask me...
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 11:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• lol, you sound like me. I always feel like I'm being selfish, but I can't help but be hurt by the lack of thought. DH didn't want to buy each other anything this year, but I told him hell no! Nothing expensive, but I want something to open on Christmas morning. And I told him to get me slippers! I have to go figure out which ones so he doesn't get me a pair I'll hate. Men can be thoughtless. It doesn't mean they don't love us, its just how they're wired. I finally figured out that if I'm not very specific I wont get what I want.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• okay. some people need to grow the hell up. if you dont know the history, dont leave a lame comment on here. seriously, do you feel better that you had to do that? what goes around, comes around.
    its not that i dont appreciate his gift, what gets me is, he always has me make this list of things i may want for x mas, and he NEVER goes by it. and he gets me these gifts that have no meaning to me. if he's not going to follow my list, then atleast get me something he knows is me, and his gifts are not me. it makes me feel like he doesnt really know me.
    Anonymous