How often do you use your china and stemware?

How often do you pull out the china? Do you only use it in the dinning room? Only for guests? How about the stemware?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on May. 28, 2011 in Home & Garden

• i don't at least not until the kids are older.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 11:25 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Don't own any
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:25 AM on May. 28, 2011

• awe daerca.... why not?
    I had my kids eating off the china during formal meals as soon as they were out of high chairs.
    I never did do the plastic plates, I taught them to eat off the same plates we ate off... as soon as they were out of the high chair.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:27 AM on May. 28, 2011

• I have more than one set. It just depends on the holiday, whose coming over, family dinners, etc. Night to night meals we use paper platers lol.

Answer by gemgem at 11:37 AM on May. 28, 2011

• never:(
    mconnoll

Answer by mconnoll at 11:52 AM on May. 28, 2011

• We only have practical (meaning I wouldn't care if they got broken) dishes in our house. Plus we never entertain.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:57 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Don't have stemware, 1 of my sets of china is heirloom/antique, so it's display only, the other set of china has been used 1 time for a Christmas dinner.
    Anonymous

• I have a full set of china... but NEVER liked the pattern... hubs picked it out. So I dont use it.

For formal dinners I have chargers and glass plates. Actually it was a GREAT purchase, the chargers are fancy but got them on clearance and the glass plates are cheap. I can change out the charger to suit the occasion.

Over the 2 decades since our wedding all our stemware has broken. I bought cheap wine glasses from Ikea and have about 50+ glasses... that way when we have parties I have plenty of glasses.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:15 PM on May. 28, 2011

• we don't use our tea set chine at all, that's displayed nicely in a corner cabinet. OUr other good (sorry we dont' use the term china and stemware here), dishes, and platers, and wine glasses, we typically only pull out during the holidays or the stemware for guests if they have wine.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:19 PM on May. 28, 2011

• I don't have any china or stemware (fancy stuff) I only have everyday stuff
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 12:21 PM on May. 28, 2011